Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Birhtday present for 14 yr. old DD ideas

Undefined

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 11:47 pm
Our DD really wants an iPhone for her Bday, we don't want to get it for her for several reasons, anything other than that will be a big disappointment to her. Any ideas?

rosenbal

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 11:53 pm
Redecorate her room? With her imput...do it with her. I wouldn't surprise her, you'll never guess what she likes.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 11:55 pm
Undefined wrote:
Our DD really wants an iPhone for her Bday, we don't want to get it for her for several reasons, anything other than that will be a big disappointment to her. Any ideas?

Did I post this and forget? Mine also. Her birthday is this week.

Undefined

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 11:57 pm
Brilliant! Thank you! She has been asking for that for a while and I forgot about it. Could turn into big deal though.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 11:59 pm
amother wrote:
Did I post this and forget? Mine also. Her birthday is this week.

Do you have an idea for me? I recently redecorated her room. It seems our daughters got together on imadaughter.

rachelbg

Post Fri, May 15 2015, 12:52 am
Give her a gift card to somewhere she likes, a certificate to a spa for a mani/pedi, maybe for her and a friend together, a gift card to a restaurant or cafe she likes to visit with friends...

spring13

Post Fri, May 15 2015, 1:14 am
Take her to see a show? Get her a trendy bag that she doesn't have? Go shoe shopping and let her go a little crazy?

frw

Post Fri, May 15 2015, 5:12 am
How did you redecorate her room? My daughter is dying for me to do it. (Too expensive. Her room has no decoration right now)

PAMOM

Post Fri, May 15 2015, 8:36 am
I painted my daughter's room with the rather unusual color she picked out. I bought inexpensive curtains and and bedding set at Bed,Bath, and Beyond. They let me use separate coupons for each thing I bought so I saved a lot. The comforter set was also on clearance. I bought a bookcase secondhand for her special things (and books). I let her put up posters of her choice. The colors were not ones I would have picked so she felt even more special that I let her pick them. You could just do the paint and curtains or paint and comforter set. That would make a huge difference in the room. Can you paint it yourself or with a friend? Letting her pick posters and actually put them up also thrilled her.

Raisin

Post Fri, May 15 2015, 8:36 am
frw wrote:
How did you redecorate her room? My daughter is dying for me to do it. (Too expensive. Her room has no decoration right now)

look online at home decoration sites for ideas. Paint and new curtains and a few well matched inexpensive pictures and knick knacks can really make a difference. Just google teenage girls rooms. Ikea has nice curtains and quilts.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics