Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Ants on my honey container

June

Post Fri, May 15 2015, 4:11 am
I'm having an ant problem, so I put my honey container in a closed plastic bag. (this has kept the ants out in the past.) earlier this week I saw ants in the bag, on the container, so I took it out of my pantry to deal with, and forgot about it. Today as I'm cleaning up I came across the container, still in the bag, and I don't see any ants. there are no ants in the container either. Do you think the honey is safe to use?

water_bear88

Post Fri, May 15 2015, 4:28 am
I think it's safe if you don't see any ants on it. I'm also having ant problems- all my sugars are in the fridge or freezer.

June

Post Fri, May 15 2015, 4:47 am
you put honey in the freezer as well?

pickle321

Post Fri, May 15 2015, 5:07 am
I keep honey in the fridge. To get it runny again you just put it in a bowl of hot water and it'll be good to go in a minute. Or just leave it out for a few min.

water_bear88

Post Fri, May 15 2015, 5:42 am
I don't have an open honey container at the moment- I usually substitute silan in baked things (unless it's a honey cake or such). My silan is in the fridge, honey would be too I guess. Confectioner's sugar is in the freezer and other sugars are in the fridge.

June

Post Fri, May 15 2015, 7:04 am
thanks both of you, I just put my honey in the fridge. hopefully it will stay clean now!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen