Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Interior Designer in Monsey?

innovative mom

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 4:28 pm
We are Working with an architect to plan for an addition to our existing home but can use some help ee basically know what we want and can use some input from a maven. Anyone know of a designer in Monsey?

OOTBubby

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 5:05 pm
While I can't help you with an interior designer in Monsey, I can tell you how valuable it is to use one. We are building a new home and the architect's plans seemed great. However, my interior designer pointed out a number of things that could be significantly improved upon to make a very big difference and made me aware of lots of things to be aware of pay attention to that I would have never thought of (in additional to the design help). I'd say that so far (we're waiting for the final permit to begin building) she has been the member of the team whose input has been most important.

dimples

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 7:31 pm
Toby fischer. She is amazing, and does plans as well, so she can help you from both a design and architectural point of view.

innovative mom

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 7:52 pm
Thanks Dimples,
Do you know her contact info?

dimples

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 8:09 pm
Her number is 845-596-1299. She has a great eye, was a pleasure to work with.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 8:23 pm
Adina Kornbluth
845 216 0756

https://instagram.com/adinakornbluth/

she does design and party planning... really good

innovative mom

Post Fri, May 15 2015, 6:00 am
Thank you. We very much know our wants, likes, and needs for our plans. However the architect that we hired has a mind of his own and is following through with what we'd want. So we can use help getting our ideas down on paper so that they will suit out needs but want to do it correctly. Do you have any experience working with them? Do you know if these designers are easy and able to work along with the client?
Thanks again.

Maya

Post Fri, May 15 2015, 7:33 am
OOTBubby wrote:
While I can't help you with an interior designer in Monsey, I can tell you how valuable it is to use one. We are building a new home and the architect's plans seemed great. However, my interior designer pointed out a number of things that could be significantly improved upon to make a very big difference and made me aware of lots of things to be aware of pay attention to that I would have never thought of (in additional to the design help). I'd say that so far (we're waiting for the final permit to begin building) she has been the member of the team whose input has been most important.

If this is the case, I'd say you hired an incompetent architect. Or at least a better designer than architect. This is usually not the case with good architects.

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, May 15 2015, 9:44 am
innovative mom wrote:
Thank you. We very much know our wants, likes, and needs for our plans. However the architect that we hired has a mind of his own and is following through with what we'd want. So we can use help getting our ideas down on paper so that they will suit out needs but want to do it correctly. Do you have any experience working with them? Do you know if these designers are easy and able to work along with the client?
Thanks again.

Im sorry ur having such a hard time with ur architect. The last thing you want is that your addition is something you regret cuz your opinions weren't listened to.
Adina is very good at working within YOUR wants and needs as well as budget and was a pleasure to work with.
She has experience with plans as well which helps dealing with the architect....
Im sure if you work with her you wont regret it....

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, May 15 2015, 11:03 am
innovative mom wrote:
Thanks again.

An architect who doesn't design for what you want and need is a lousy architect. I do space planning but am in Baltimore. Have hatzlacha in finding a good designer in Monsey.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics