Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
I can't take this anymore
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 9:42 pm
pippy93 wrote:
You sound stressed. Maybe you need anti anxiety meds. I once felt soooo stressed out that I hated going to work and would dream of quitting, except I would have all of my other responsibilities. I spoke with my dr and he put me on a very low dosage of something. In about a month I felt better and things were more manageable. This may not be the answer for you-- but it worked for me. Explore if this is an option-- it may just make things easier for you to handle and you won't feel like you were at the end of your rope. it may also help other issues that stem from you being so stressed out.

THIS!!

OP you stated in one of your posts that you shouldn't have to drug yourself because of work.
Work related or otherwise you deserve relief!!
Please don't perceive Anti Depressants or Valium as literal 'drugs'.
Consider those as God sent 'relief' (gift) substances, which they are indeed! (like Tylenol for pain).
Those can help relieve the stresses, pain, and agony that have accumulated within yourself for quite some time.
Those can also help for better mental clarity, so you can come up with practical solutions to help solve your family and work issues.

zaq

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 10:27 pm
amother wrote:
f I tell myself all the time not to look for satisfaction in it or to get too emotionally involved in it....not sure that helps u when ur so fed up but maybe on easier days it helps to recall this....

Why on earth NOT? You really think it's preferable to have the attitude that your job is just for the paycheck, and not look for any personal satisfaction from it? Lady, are you ever off course! The happiest people are those for whom work is not just about a paycheck but something from which they derive personal satisfaction. That's what helps people survive jobs that are not famous for paying very well or having the greatest perks--the feeling that they are doing something worthwhile. That's what makes stock traders turn in their gold-plated ID cards and become social workers or EMTs.

penguin

Post Fri, May 15 2015, 10:47 am
To me the red line is that the DH will not discuss alternatives. To me, that shouts couples therapy like nothing else.

A mother of five small children is entitled to say that working full time is too hard for her. Oh, but OP said she can't work PT. But maybe there is some kind of work that can be done part time that fits your qualifications in some way? And then you do ask for scholarships.

farm

Post Fri, May 15 2015, 12:56 pm
Can your dh go back to school so that in a few years he can earn enough to allow you to cut back?

SRS

Post Fri, May 15 2015, 3:16 pm
farm wrote:
Can your dh go back to school so that in a few years he can earn enough to allow you to cut back?

Risky strategy if they take student loans. Could mean OP would need to work more, not less.
Page 9 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 Recent Topics