Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
A great way to organize your life!

alana.b

Post Fri, May 15 2015, 1:29 pm
Hi fellow Mommies!

As I’ve been reading the posts on this forum, I have come to realize that a lot of you would benefit from an app I have been involved with - for so many reasons. I have been using it to organize my life, and I would love to share it with all of you!

Basically, the app is called Itemtopia, and it organizes everything you own (baby products, pets, receipts, things you own, warranty expiry dates) and it is great for us mom’s who have a million things we need to keep organized!

I used my editing skills, as it is a huge hobby of mine, to make a short video that shows you how I use the app to track all my things.

Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOnXl-4Kq0Q

Hope you all benefit from this like I do! It's free. No ads too - and it works on the web as well as your mobile phone.

If you guys want to search me to see my profile in Itemtopia, my username is alanaburks.

Alana

JollyMommy

Post Fri, May 15 2015, 1:42 pm
I watched the youtube, and the video is very professional, but I still don't get the point of it-- is it to organize receipts for the items? Or just make a list of your stuff?

We use binders with plastic sleeves for this.

I'm sure there are more benefits to itemtopia. Can you explain a bit more what it is for? Why would I want my belongings public?

alana.b

Post Fri, May 15 2015, 6:22 pm
Hi there JollyMommy,

Before I start, remember that you can make any item private on Itemtopia! If you would ever want an item to be public, it would be something like your car, so you can communicate with others who have the same car as you and you could see what problems you share together. For example, if you post your car on Itemtopia and there is a recall on the car, you will be notified, as will the other owners of the same car.

You should make a new "Item" for big things you own. For example, you can make an item for your dishwasher. You can put the model, receipts, warranties, and the type of cleaner you use all on it. You can make updated notes on your dishwasher. For example, if you forgot what type of dishwasher soap you used last time, you can go on itemtopia and check what you last posted as a note.

Now, say you have to buy printer ink but you forgot to double check the model of your printer. You can add Your Printer as a new item on Itemtopia and post everything about your printer, including warranties, model number, receipts, etc.

Also, you can add your pet as an item, and post all breeder info, vaccination records, hair appointment records, and updates for when your pet is sick.

Soon enough, the app will be able to notify you when there has been a recall on baby items via CPSC. It is really a great app for mommies and really for anyone in order to keep organized!

Hope this helps, and if you have any questions feel free to ask!
Alana
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics