Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
What type of neighborhood is Madison (upper flatbush)

debbie321

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 8:41 pm
I am looking at houses for sale in the Madison area of Brooklyn (high 20's, Quentin Road and up) and am wondering what type of crowd is there. Ashkenazi /sefardi, younger newlyweds, older couples, and frumwise? As I have not been able to find a house for a decent price in flatbush, I'm considering a house that I saw,though I am nervous about moving into a neighborhood that I dont know what type of families are there. Im asking based on experience of being the younger newlywed who moved to a neighborhood of families married for 10-15 years where I was regarded as the one who was too young one to be bothered with. Can anyone say what type of people theyt know live there? (Eveb a simple "my so and so 's ----does,family is----). Thank you!

amother
Green

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 8:57 pm
I don't live right there but do live nearby. I know several families who live there. And have spent time on some of the blocks so I got to see/meet other families superficially.
None of them are newlywed. The families I know and have met are high 30's low 40s. Some a little older with young marrieds. They are very nice families. Not very yeshivish but nice frum people. Also- it seems to me that they are not the real "Flatbushy" type of families. Those live more in the 30's, marine park...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating