Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Chestnut ridge

solo

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 3:57 pm
I know there are a few threads bout this area in monsey but none are current. I've heard that there has been a lot of growth in the area since I was there last, 2 yrs ago.
How many families r in the area?
How diverse is the community?
Is there a real shul or is it still in people homes or a long walk to a different neighborhood?
Tx

Scrabble123

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 4:16 pm
There are actually 2/3 areas which individuals refer to as "Chestnut Ridge."

1. Area off of Route 45 and Scotland Hill: Litvish and Yeshivish families. There is a shul in the area. It's definitely becoming more popular, and it is a very nice area. It's much cleaner and more private than the other areas which individuals refer to as "Chestnut Ridge."

2. Area off of Saddle River Road: Mixed area which is becoming more Chassidish. There are a few shuls.

3. The Birds. Similar to the area off of Saddle River Road.

You may PM me for more information.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 4:57 pm
You forgot down the 45 bordering NJ there is another neighborhood, near childrens park. They daven on shabbos by the shul that is used currently for a special needs school. I know some chasidish families have moved there from williamsberg, but its mainly yeshivish so far.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 5:19 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:
There are actually 2/3 areas which individuals refer to as "Chestnut Ridge."

1. Area off of Route 45 and Scotland Hill: Litvish and Yeshivish families. There is a shul in the area. It's definitely becoming more popular, and it is a very nice area. It's much cleaner and more private than the other areas which individuals refer to as "Chestnut Ridge."

2. Area off of Saddle River Road: Mixed area which is becoming more Chassidish. There are a few shuls.

3. The Birds. Similar to the area off of Saddle River Road.

You may PM me for more information.

Area number 2 is not mixed. It is totally Jewish in places. InI others there are only 1 or 2 non jews.

Scrabble123

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 6:05 pm
By mixed I mean a nice mix of different sects of Judaism and not strictly chassidish or litvish...

solo

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 9:47 pm
The area in interested in is near Scotland rd. what is the name of the shul this area. Where is it located. How spread out is the frum community

amother
Amber

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 11:01 pm
solo wrote:
The area in interested in is near Scotland rd. what is the name of the shul this area. Where is it located. How spread out is the frum community

As far as I heard there is 2 shuls there already. If you use a frum realtor they should know the exact location.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating