Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Mini cheesecakes?

mizle10

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 10:10 pm
Can I make my regular cheesecake recipe in muffin tins? How long would I bake them for? TIA

zaq

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 10:27 pm
of course. Baking time is shorter. Follow the recipe's instructions, not as to actual baking time but as to the sign of done-ness: usually when the top is a light golden color, or a knife stuck into the cake an inch from the edge (or for some recipes, an inch from the center) comes out clean. For a muffin tin this would be the center of each mini-cake.

the great part about making minis is that you can taste-test without ruining the whole cake. the bad part is that you're pretty much stuck with a set number of servings. You can't just make the slices a bit thinner.

sofaraway

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 11:48 pm
I have a rule that very thing small looks cuter. So I make mini cheesecake every year. They look adorable!!! I make in mini muffins, put on a tray and top each one with a berry. It's very fancy!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus