Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Losing pregnancy weight after twins
Previous  1  2  3

Twinster

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 11:02 am
amother wrote:
I guess if you knew you were being monitored constantly,then the what if ...nerves ... weren't there.

In a way yes, and it a way no. I wasn't monitored 24/7, but it was definitely safer than being home.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 11:46 am
Twinster wrote:
In a way yes, and it a way no. I wasn't monitored 24/7, but it was definitely safer than being home.

My ob is willing to let me "check in" early. But not deliver until 36 minimum.

Twinster

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 11:50 am
amother wrote:
My ob is willing to let me "check in" early. But not deliver until 36 minimum.

Sounds like things are under control then.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 2:51 pm
debsey wrote:
I swear by my surgical binder. It really helps bring those hips back to something approaching normal dimensions. Sad to say, it took me about 4 years to lose my pregnancy weight after my twins, and about 7 years to regain my former shape (mostly because after the twins, I didn't know about the surgical binder, but after the NEXT baby, I did, plus I started really working out at that point)
HUGS... BTDT - as much as everyone will say just focus on your babies, you want to feel comfortable inside your own body! I totally get that.

I checked out the binder, how does it differ from a girdle?

SS6099

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 2:53 pm
amother wrote:
I checked out the binder, how does it differ from a girdle?

This is quite expensive! Is it worth the price?

imaima

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 3:22 pm
Miri7 wrote:
IME my stomach at 4 weeks was still very post-baby and improved a lot even when I wasn't diligently exercising. Though I found that I "snapped back" a lot faster and with less effort when I gave birth in my 20s than I have with kids born in my 30's. I gained very little with my twins so I actually lost that weight faster than with other pregnancies.

If you're concerned about your midsection, do abs exercises every day. If you have a really pouchy middle, have your OB check you for diastasis recti.

I learned that you are not supposed to do abs exercise until 9 months postaprtum, in order to avoid diastasis. What takes 9 months to stretch needs 9 months to recover.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 3:45 pm
Debsey are you out there? We have some questions about the surgical binder.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 7:06 pm
amother wrote:
Realistically speaking, how long did it take you to lose your post baby weight after having twins? And any tips how to lose the weight if EBF?
I'm 4 weeks PP and hate looking st myself in the mirror since I'm still so huge Sad
Any advice?

OP here. Could use some encouragement:( It's almost 3 weeks later and the scale barely budged Sad I'm feeling hopeless that the weight will never budge !

amother
Red

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 7:12 pm
amother wrote:
OP here. Could use some encouragement:( It's almost 3 weeks later and the scale barely budged Sad I'm feeling hopeless that the weight will never budge !

Its still very early ,its only like 7 wks, give yourself time to get your strength back.just eat healthy and you'll slowly see progress. Can you start exercise?

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Feb 04 2016, 2:15 pm
My problem is that I don't have any extra time to exercise!!

SS6099

Post Thu, Feb 04 2016, 5:06 pm
amother wrote:
My problem is that I don't have any extra time to exercise!!

As a mom of twins, I couldn't agree with you more that there's no time to exercise Sad However, please cut yourself some slack and don't even try until the twins are almost a year. From experience, it's not worth making yourself crazy to find time that you absolutely don't have. The weight will come off eventually but your sanity comes first!

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Feb 04 2016, 5:17 pm
its 6 yrs after birth and I weigh more then then I was at the end of the 9th month. Sad

Tulip1

Post Thu, Feb 04 2016, 6:07 pm
SS6099 wrote:
As a mom of twins, I couldn't agree with you more that there's no time to exercise Sad However, please cut yourself some slack and don't even try until the twins are almost a year. From experience, it's not worth making yourself crazy to find time that you absolutely don't have. The weight will come off eventually but your sanity comes first!

THANK YOU!!!!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more