Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
No Bake Desser with Oreos

mha3484

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 8:11 am
Unless I am hallucinating, there was a recipe for a non bake cheese based dessert that used oreos somewhere on here. Does anyone one know what I am talking about and can help me find it?

Amarante

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 8:22 am
Not hallucinating. I posted it in the desperately seeking dairy lol

Posted: Wed, Apr 29 2015, 5:10 pm Post subject: Re: Its that time of year !!!Dairy recipes needed!!
This is an Icebox Cake - a non-baked cheesecake. It freezes well.

Oreo Cookbook Icebox Cheesecake
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recipe By: Cook's Country

Ingredients:

Oreo Cookie Crust

30 Oreo cookies, broken into rough pieces
7 tbls unsalted butter, softened

Cheesecake Filling

1 cup milk
4 egg yolks
1/4 flour
8 ounces white chocolate, chopped (or 1 1/3 cups white chocolate chips)
2 lbs. cream cheese, cut into 1" chunks and softened
1/3 cup powdered sugar
2 tsps vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
12 Oreo cookies, broken into rough pieces

Directions:

Process cookies and butter in food processor until finely ground. Press cookie mixture evenly into the bottom and sides of 9" springform pan. Refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour.

Heat 3/4 cup milk in a saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Meahwhile, whisk yolks, flour and remaining milk in a bowl until smooth. Slowly whisk hot milk into yolk mixture. Return mixture to saucepan and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until very thick and glossy, 1 to 2 minutes.

Off heat, whisk in white chocolate until melted. Transfer pudding to bowl, press plastic wrap directly on surface, and refrigerate until cold and set, at least one hour.

With electric mixer on medium-high speed (or in a bowl with a heavy whisk) beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and salt until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed to medium-low and mix in chilled pudding until just combined, about 30 seconds. Pour one-quarter of cream cheese mixture evenly into prepared pan and sprinkle one-third of cookies over surface. repeat process twice, then top with remaining filling. Refrigerate until set, at least six hours.

Notes:

Can be made up to two days ahead or frozen

etky

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 9:16 pm
In Israel individual dairy dessert cups are a "thing" now. Here is a recipe I found that calls for regular tea biscuits but you can also use crushed oreos (or any type of cookie actually) instead.
Mix: 1 kilo 9% gvina levana
400g. sour cream
3/4 c sugar
grated lemon and/or orange peel to taste
1 packet vanilla sugar
1/2 package vanilla pudding
In a separate bowl whip 2 cont. sweet whipping cream with the remaining half package of pudding and an additional 1/4 c. sugar and fold into cheese mixture. Put in fridge for 2 hours to let it set.
Crush 250 g. oreos - put some crumbs in pretty glass cups and layer cookie crumbs with the cheese mixture (using pastry bag or spoon) in as many layers as you like and decorate top with crumbs.
The cheese mixture can also be layered with fruit instead of cookie crumbs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics