Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Travel insurance for pregnancy

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, May 19 2015, 11:22 am
I will be moving to the States in my 27th week of pregnancy. So far I have had a non-eventful pregnancy, B"H. I will not be eligible for Obamacare for at least another 2 months before a certain stage in my immigration filing. I have found some travel insurance that covers unexpected pregnancy complications up to the 36th week (no routine checkups) - but after that I'll be on my own. That said, I know I can be covered by Medicaid for the actual birth. However, this travel insurance is significantly more expensive than the regular kind.

Anyone have an idea of what pregnancy complications short of a premature birth could arise from 27th-36th week, and how likely/unlikely they are? The insurance company won't tell me - everything is based on making a claim afterwards and then they decide.

Thanks in advance

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, May 19 2015, 2:20 pm
bump

Liebs

Post Tue, May 19 2015, 4:39 pm
I've used travelers insurance and one time had stomach pain and got dehydrated and went to DR and was covered from the traveler's insurance. But you wont be able to do testing such as step b or blood work...

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 2:21 pm
". I have found some travel insurance that covers unexpected pregnancy complications up to the 36th week (no routine checkups) - "

Hi,
I know this is really old... any any chance you remember what travelers insurance this was? my friend has a trip next week and all travelers insurances she tried denied her... she will be less than 36 weeks...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating