Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Candy man in shul

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, May 19 2015, 5:38 pm
Every week in shul, the candy man gives out lollipops. He seeks the kids out at kiddush to give them one if they don't come to him. I'm really annoyed about this, because my kids wouldn't know to feel deprived or anything if they didn't get one. He manages to find them and give them one, and then of course they do want it. I just don't like it because why give them junk food they don't need. Am I overreacting? Should I just let the situation be? My husband and I have softly indicated we'd prefer he not give our kids one, but he just ignores us and says he is encouraging them to like shul.

STMommy

Post Tue, May 19 2015, 8:05 pm
Hi Lemon amother,
Now that they do now about it, they will feel deprived. I don't think you're overreacting, because I also do not believe in giving my children sugary junk food, but I do think you should leave the situation be if they receive a lollipop. My DH and I have learned to allow my children to eat things we would never dream of giving them ourselves if they already received from someone else (for example, the Bissli-type snacks they come home with all the time from birthday parties, which, hello, have MSG in them!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers