Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
ISO Dense/creamy crustless cheesecake recipe

SorGold

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 10:09 pm
I am looking for a very creamy and dense cheesecake (not the fluffy spongy kind) with no crust. Preferably no flour either. Fat content does not matter. Just a decadenr cheesecake recipe.

lkwdlady

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 11:04 pm
3 containers whipped cream cheese
1 16 oz. sour cream
4 eggs
1 1/4 cup sugar (taste later on to decide if needs more)
1 1/8 tsp lemon juice
2 full scoops vanilla sugar (use the scoop it comes with)
1 3/4 T. flour

place pan into a pan with with a little water
bake at 350 for around 50 min. (maybe a little more ...) turn off oven and leave in oven for 1/2 hr. to cool - refrigerate

I think this is for 2 9" round pans.
serve with drizzled chocolate syrup

studying_torah

Post Tue, May 19 2015, 12:03 am
Wonder what makes one cheesecake creamy and another fluffy? I also prefer creamy and wonder how I can tell when looking at s recipe

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 19 2015, 12:24 am
studying_torah wrote:
Wonder what makes one cheesecake creamy and another fluffy? I also prefer creamy and wonder how I can tell when looking at s recipe

Using farmer's cheese gives a more airy, sometimes crumbly texture.

Heavy block cream cheese give you a denser cake.
Water bath will give you very creamy cake as will slightly underbaking it and keeping in the oven with the door slightly ajar after turning off the heat.

studying_torah

Post Tue, May 19 2015, 8:18 am
Thanks Ra mom , was figuring you'd Prob have the answer 😃

SorGold

Post Tue, May 19 2015, 9:09 am
ra_mom wrote:
Using farmer's cheese gives a more airy, sometimes crumbly texture.

Heavy block cream cheese give you a denser cake.
Water bath will give you very creamy cake as will slightly underbaking it and keeping in the oven with the door slightly ajar after turning off the heat.

so give me your best dense block cream cheese recipe baked in a water bath Wink

OOTBubby

Post Tue, May 19 2015, 10:40 am
This looks complicated, but that's just because the instructions are so detailed -- it is really very easy and is exactly what OP is looking for

Dense, Rich Cheesecake

Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 lbs. cream cheese (brick type), at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-3/4 cups sugar
4 eggs
1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs (to be used after cake is baked) -- can skip

Adjust rack one-third up from the bottom of the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a round, 8-inch, 3 inch deep baking pan (do not use a spring form). Grease (with butter or margarine) it lightly all the way up to the rim and inside the rim itself, or the cake will stick to the rim and will not rise evenly. Any ungreased spots will prevent the finished cake from sliding out of the pan easily.

Mix the lemon rind and juice and set aside. In the large bowl of an electric mixer at medium-high speed, beat the cheese until it is absolutely smooth. All during the mixing continue to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula in order to keep everything evenly mixed. When the cheese is smooth, beat in the vanilla and sugar. Beat well and then add the eggs one at a time. After adding the eggs, do not beat any more than is necessary to mix ingredients thoroughly. With rubber spatula stir in the lemon rind and juice.
Turn the batter into the prepared pan. Level top by briskly rotating the pan a bit, first in one direction, then in the other. Place the cheesecake pan inside a larger pan (a large frying pan or larger round cake pan will do). The larger pan must not touch the sides of the cake pan and must not be deeper than the cake pan. Pour hot water into the larger pan until it is about 1-1/2 deep. (If the large pan is aluminum, adding about 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar to each quart of water will keep the pan from discoloring.)

Bake for 1-1/2 hours. The top of the cake should be a rich golden brown and feel dry to the touch, but cake will still be soft inside.

Lift the cheesecake pan out of the water and place it on a rack for a few hours until it is completely cool. Do not cool the cake in the refrigerator or the butter will harden and the cake will stick to the pan.

When the bottom of the cake pan has reached room temperature, place a flat plate or a board on top and invert. Remove the cake pan. Sprinkle the bottom of the cake evenly with graham cracker crumbs. Gently place another flat plate or board on top of the crumbs. Very carefully and quickly invert so that the cake is right side up. Do this without pressing too hard or you will squash the cake, which will still be soft.

Refrigerate for at least 5 or 6 hours or overnight. Or freeze it — it freezes perfectly. Serve very cold. When cutting the cake, always dip the knife into hot water, or hold it under running hot water, before each cut to prevent the cake somewhat from sticking to the knife. (It will stick a bit anyhow).

Note: The cheesecake will rise above the top of the pan while it is baking and will sink down below the top as it cools.

Note -- you can totally eliminate the crumbs -- it is really just a light dusting of them anyway.

[I]

SorGold

Post Tue, May 19 2015, 10:47 am
OOTBubby wrote:
This looks complicated, but that's just because the instructions are so detailed -- it is really very easy and is exactly what OP is looking for

Dense, Rich Cheesecake

Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 lbs. cream cheese (brick type), at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-3/4 cups sugar
4 eggs
1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs (to be used after cake is baked) -- can skip

Adjust rack one-third up from the bottom of the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a round, 8-inch, 3 inch deep baking pan (do not use a spring form). Grease (with butter or margarine) it lightly all the way up to the rim and inside the rim itself, or the cake will stick to the rim and will not rise evenly. Any ungreased spots will prevent the finished cake from sliding out of the pan easily.

Mix the lemon rind and juice and set aside. In the large bowl of an electric mixer at medium-high speed, beat the cheese until it is absolutely smooth. All during the mixing continue to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula in order to keep everything evenly mixed. When the cheese is smooth, beat in the vanilla and sugar. Beat well and then add the eggs one at a time. After adding the eggs, do not beat any more than is necessary to mix ingredients thoroughly. With rubber spatula stir in the lemon rind and juice.
Turn the batter into the prepared pan. Level top by briskly rotating the pan a bit, first in one direction, then in the other. Place the cheesecake pan inside a larger pan (a large frying pan or larger round cake pan will do). The larger pan must not touch the sides of the cake pan and must not be deeper than the cake pan. Pour hot water into the larger pan until it is about 1-1/2 deep. (If the large pan is aluminum, adding about 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar to each quart of water will keep the pan from discoloring.)

Bake for 1-1/2 hours. The top of the cake should be a rich golden brown and feel dry to the touch, but cake will still be soft inside.

Lift the cheesecake pan out of the water and place it on a rack for a few hours until it is completely cool. Do not cool the cake in the refrigerator or the butter will harden and the cake will stick to the pan.

When the bottom of the cake pan has reached room temperature, place a flat plate or a board on top and invert. Remove the cake pan. Sprinkle the bottom of the cake evenly with graham cracker crumbs. Gently place another flat plate or board on top of the crumbs. Very carefully and quickly invert so that the cake is right side up. Do this without pressing too hard or you will squash the cake, which will still be soft.

Refrigerate for at least 5 or 6 hours or overnight. Or freeze it — it freezes perfectly. Serve very cold. When cutting the cake, always dip the knife into hot water, or hold it under running hot water, before each cut to prevent the cake somewhat from sticking to the knife. (It will stick a bit anyhow).

Note: The cheesecake will rise above the top of the pan while it is baking and will sink down below the top as it cools.

Note -- you can totally eliminate the crumbs -- it is really just a light dusting of them anyway.

[I]

Can this be made in a toaster oven?

OOTBubby

Post Tue, May 19 2015, 10:49 am
SorGold wrote:
Can this be made in a toaster oven?

If your toaster oven can accommodate an 8" round pan that is 3" deep and inside a larger pan for a hot water bath, and can maintain the temperature, I'd think so, but you won't know unless you try it. It would have to be a pretty large toaster oven. I've only made it in an oven.

SorGold

Post Tue, May 19 2015, 10:55 am
OOTBubby wrote:
If your toaster oven can accommodate an 8" round pan that is 3" deep and inside a larger pan for a hot water bath, and can maintain the temperature, I'd think so, but you won't know unless you try it. It would have to be a pretty large toaster oven. I've only made it in an oven.

It can fit a 9x13 so im thinking I can put the round tin in that...

OOTBubby

Post Tue, May 19 2015, 10:56 am
SorGold wrote:
It can fit a 9x13 so im thinking I can put the round tin in that...

Yes, but you also need a larger pan outside the cake pan for the water bath.

SorGold

Post Tue, May 19 2015, 11:07 am
OOTBubby wrote:
Yes, but you also need a larger pan outside the cake pan for the water bath.

An 8 inch tin will fit inside a 9x13 pan filled with water.

SorGold

Post Tue, May 19 2015, 11:07 am
[quote="OOTBubby"]Yes, but you also need a larger pan outside the cake pan for the water bat
Duplicate post

OOTBubby

Post Tue, May 19 2015, 3:28 pm
SorGold wrote:

Then try it if you want. I just can't tell you how it will come out as I've never done it. If in general your toaster oven handles cakes well it will probably be okay. If however, it doesn't bake evenly then it may not.

mha3484

Post Tue, May 19 2015, 4:16 pm
If you have a dairy crockpot or want to spend 20 dollars on one you can make really yummy cheesecake instead of the oven.

fluffernutter

Post Tue, May 19 2015, 6:09 pm
Anyone have any recipe like these that will work in E"Y? (with those kind of ingredients?) TIA

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 19 2015, 6:18 pm
SorGold wrote:
Lower the temp of your toaster oven by 35 degrees vs the degrees you would bake in your oven. You will need to keep checking on it.

SorGold

Post Tue, May 19 2015, 11:43 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Lower the temp of your toaster oven by 35 degrees vs the degrees you would bake in your oven. You will need to keep checking on it.

Thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals