Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Attention; Lakewood playgroup for 3 year old girl

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 5:41 pm
I know there are plenty posts for this. However I didn't get any information from all other posts. Looking for playgroup in chateua park area for 3 year old girl. Would love to hear options timing and everything around. TIA

debsey

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 6:08 pm
amother wrote:
I know there are plenty posts for this. However I didn't get any information from all other posts. Looking for playgroup in chateua park area for 3 year old girl. Would love to hear options timing and everything around. TIA

Morah Nechama Lurie has a small preschool with a few age group options on Spruce which is fairly close to Chateau (but you do have to make a left on the 9!) She has extended hours.

LiLIsraeli

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 6:35 pm
Most playgroups for 3-year-olds are divided into younger 3 (turning 3 towards beginning of the year) or older 3 (already 3, turning 4 in middle of the year). Which are you looking for?

Have you checked the Masa u'Matan?

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 7:26 pm
I don't live in lakewood yet but will be moving for new school year iyh . Im wondering if playgroups are according to chasidish yeshivish etc. or mixed?

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 7:27 pm
LiLIsraeli wrote:
Most playgroups for 3-year-olds are divided into younger 3 (turning 3 towards beginning of the year) or older 3 (already 3, turning 4 in middle of the year). Which are you looking for?

Have you checked the Masa u'Matan?

Already 3 .. Being 4 in middle year .

Chayalle

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 7:37 pm
amother wrote:
I don't live in lakewood yet but will be moving for new school year iyh . Im wondering if playgroups are according to chasidish yeshivish etc. or mixed?

They are generally mixed, unless you want Yiddish speaking - that is a separate category.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 8:07 pm
Chayalle wrote:
They are generally mixed, unless you want Yiddish speaking - that is a separate category.

So Yiddish speaking is what category ? Cool

LiLIsraeli

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 8:11 pm
Chayalle wrote:

This. Last year my daughter was in a small group and quite a few of the kids were chasidish. We are more yeshivish. This year she is in a group with a chasidish Morah, but it's an English-speaking group. A few kids are chasidish but majority is not.

Call the masa umatan and ask them to email you the playgroup listings. 732-364-9392

sourstix

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 8:28 pm
but how would she know who is yiddish speaking? I am asking for the future for myself. should she call all of them and ask?

summer0808

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 8:43 pm
yiddish speaking will usually be specified in the Masa Umatan. If not ask when you call the Morah. Calling is not a commitment.

Around Chateau there should be Yiddish speaking because there are a few Chassidish neighborhoods there. Rivky Kresh in Sterling Forest did a Yiddish speaking nursery. Check if she is still doing it.

LiLIsraeli

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 9:01 pm
sourstix wrote:
but how would she know who is yiddish speaking? I am asking for the future for myself. should she call all of them and ask?

There's a space by each listing for details about the playgroup. If it's yiddish-speaking, it would say it there.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, May 19 2015, 11:51 am
Can someone please help!!! Tried contacting masa umatan they said they don't email . I would love to get some information on playgroups .
Btw is it hard to get in like schools ?

LiLIsraeli

Post Tue, May 19 2015, 12:07 pm
The masa umatan comes out on Wednesday afternoon. I can check for you tomorrow when I get mine. Getting into a playgroup is not at all like getting into schools, but some do tend to fill up quickly. It might be difficult to find a place now when registration starts in January.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, May 19 2015, 12:14 pm
Would you know of playgroups in chateua park area? Who's good? Yiddish speaking can be mixed however would like at least teacher to speak Yiddish too. Hours? transportation ? I'm pretty lost. Would love some help shock

LiLIsraeli

Post Tue, May 19 2015, 12:24 pm
Sorry, I don't know offhand. I've never sent a child to a playgroup in Chateau Park. But you can forget about transportation - no such thing for playgroups.

LiLIsraeli

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 3:48 pm
I got the Masa Umatan and looked through it. Unfortunately I don't see any 3-year-old playgroups advertised in Chateau Park area. I did see an older 2 playgroup advertised. Maybe you can call the morah and ask if she knows anyone. Sometimes morahs know where their students are going next year. Her name is Esti Gold, 363-5232.

LiLIsraeli

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 3:50 pm
Also, OP if you PM me I can give you the name and number of my daughter's chasidish Morah who has a daughter in an older 3 playgroup in that area.

Chayalle

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 3:58 pm
amother wrote:
So Yiddish speaking is what category ? Cool

Usually Chassidish. Not many non-chassidish people in Lakewood are specifically looking for Yiddish. The Yeshivish playgroups often do teach Yiddish songs but that's about it.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 4:17 pm
Thank you all!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics