Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Detergent pods

amother
Puce

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 3:24 pm
So I've read a lot of horror stories about the dangers of detergent that comes in a pod. Kids are attracted to them because they look like a treat, they are more concentrated than the liquid kind (so a kid who gets a hold of liquid is in less danger) etc. I never buy the pods, only the liquid. The other day, DH went shopping and came home with the pods. I told him I would go return them and get the liquid because pods are dangerous in a house full of kids. I didn't say this to criticize, only so that he knows for next time not to buy them He wasn't upset or anything but genuinely confused as to why it makes a difference. After all, we keep all cleaning products locked in a high cabinet. So why does it matter, we take precautions to make sure our kids don't get their hands on ANY detergent, so why does it matter which kind? SO I said, well, mistakes happen and just in case, I'd rather at least know that we have the less dangerous stuff. WDYT? Do you agree that we should avoid buying pod detergent, or does it not matter if we're careful anyway?

zaq

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 4:35 pm
There is no such thing as being too careful, and there is no such thing as a "childproof" container--merely one that your child has not YET figured out how to break apart. Ditch the pods.

tweety1

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 4:38 pm
My baby bit into a tide pod this winter which required an er visit. The next day and still going on I use it. To me it goes into the same category as when my older son sliced the tip off his finger from a peeler which required a drs visit and glue. Would I say I'm never using a peeler again? No cuz its not realistic. The same is with detergent (certain kinds to a extent; for exp st moritz never enters my house). I just learned that I have to be much more careful how and where you put detergents away.

Lady Bug

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 4:38 pm
I buy it. It's high up and there's no way for the kids to reach it.

The Happy Wife

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 4:45 pm
I don't use the pods for the washing machine, but I use them for m dishwasher. They are locked up so my kids can't get them.
Medicine can also be dangerous. Lots of things can be. You just have to find a way to keep it from your kids until they are old enough not to try to eat it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry