Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Advice needed please re: buying a sheitel online

boysrus

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 12:00 am
Hi
I wonder if any of you out there have any experience in this...
I am in the market for a new sheitel, but dont want to spend too much.
I googled 100% human hair wigs and came up with a website shop.wigsbuy dot com
There are sheitels on their website that look really good for less than $200.
Did anyone ever buy from them before? or from any other website?
If yes, would you recommend it or not? Did you have a good or a bad experience? What was their returns policy like?

Advice please, thanks in advance!

lucky14

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 12:30 am
if it sounds too good to be true it prob. is. Did you check them out with the Better Business Bureau? They actually just had something on the news about a site that was selling wigs that they claimed were real hair but fell apart really fast and were horrible quality. And people were having a horrible time getting in touch with the company. Definitely find out others who have purchased from a site before making a big purchase like that online.

lucky14

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 12:36 am
my internet security warned me not to even visit that site btw. Might just be being overcautious or may say something about the site...

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 12:45 am
My private opinion is good synthetic beats lower-cost human hair.

But I only wear synthetic.

Reesa

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 12:45 am
I just checked the website and clicked on a few wigs. Says Indian hair.

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 12:51 am
Google shop.wigsbuy. There are tons of bad reviews for this Chinese company.

musicmom

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 6:50 am
There is a facebook page called buy sell or trade your sheitel. People sell really nice used or slightly used sheitels for a fraction of the cost. I recommend doing this until you figure out exactly what you like and don't like in a sheitel, as most are non returnable.

boysrus

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 6:49 pm
thanks forall the responses,okay , you have warned me off! Now I need to find some more money to buy a more expensive sheitel.... Sad

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 8:21 pm
I got one from Malky Wigs (she's on eBay but I bought via paypal, not eBay by calling her) -- I spent $300 on mine (it was a sale price, regular for that one was $350). I paid for 3 that she sent to me, I picked one, and returned the other 2, and then she refunded that money. Since I went through paypal, I felt like I had a buyer's guarantee in case anything went awry.

My sheitel is a little more than a year old now, holds the style well, feels good, hasn't lost hair, gets compliments (I think that's the cut though!) I don't expect it to last 10 years, but I can see it's not only going to last me 2 either.

smss

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 9:27 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I got one from Malky Wigs (she's on eBay but I bought via paypal, not eBay by calling her) -- I spent $300 on mine (it was a sale price, regular for that one was $350). I paid for 3 that she sent to me, I picked one, and returned the other 2, and then she refunded that money. Since I went through paypal, I felt like I had a buyer's guarantee in case anything went awry.

My sheitel is a little more than a year old now, holds the style well, feels good, hasn't lost hair, gets compliments (I think that's the cut though!) I don't expect it to last 10 years, but I can see it's not only going to last me 2 either.

How often do you wear it?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 10:36 pm
Shabbos/Y"T and to functions during the week if they come up. Not every day. When I brought it to be cut, the sheitel macher assumed I would be wearing it every day and told me it should hold up longer than 2 years if I don't do "crazy" things to it by ruining it with poor styling techniques. Even if I get 2 years out of it, I figured I would be ahead of the game vs a 1600 sheitel that lasts 6 years.

Mrs. Schmaltz

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 10:53 pm
two of my friends in israel ordered wigs from that site, both got terrible quality/cheap looking/wrong color/no skin top wigs. save your money.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels