Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
LinkedIn Help!!!

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 2:11 pm
So I have been getting lots of emails from people wanting to be "connected with me" on LinkedIn. I have been meaning to get a profile on there- I have heard that is "THE" way to try to get a job in this tough market these days.
(At least in my field and at the level I am at, it is still very tough... I only graduated a little while ago and have been having a rough time getting experience...no one will give you your first job. They all want 5 years experience but if no one will give you experience you can never get to the 5 year mark... Rolling Eyes Most people I know who have gotten decent jobs either know a unique language or have had friends/family hire them... but none of mine are in the same field! <vent>).
How does one do a successful LinkedIn profile? I am thinking that this might be needed to get another job. How does it work? Who can see it?
Does anyone have a successful profile that can give me a tutorial in how it works?
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 4:30 pm
Just follow the prompts when you go to register. It's kind of like putting together a resume, though it's web based and interactive.

seeker

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 4:37 pm
It's pretty self-explanatory. Present yourself as if it's a resume. Professional style. You can browse others in your industry for ideas on how to make yours stronger.

tichellady

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 4:55 pm
Some tips:
Include a good picture
Use hot buzz words for your field on your page
Get a recommendation on your page
Connect with as many people as possible

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 8:12 pm
get recommendations, but also endorsements. Because I have 100+ endorsements for a lot of different categories, quality people are finding me that way.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics