Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Shaarei Tzion in Highland Park/Edison

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, May 27 2015, 6:36 am
We are thinkng of moving to Highland Park, Edison or thereabouts. Main factor is services for our son. Shaarei Tzion is the school we are interested in that best suits us hashkafically. Question is, how are they with resources and how is NJ in general with services. My son is currently holding about low-average in a mainstream class in a mainstream yeshiva but gets pulled out for PT, OT and Speech and other resource room type help. We have an IEP for 2015-2016 school year that approves these services and before we make a final decision we need to know that this will work out for us.
TIA.

Lizzie4

Post Wed, May 27 2015, 9:09 am
Would you look into montessori?
I know there's an excellent school in the area (co-ed)

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, May 27 2015, 9:13 am
Lizzie4 wrote:
Would you look into montessori?
I know there's an excellent school in the area (co-ed)

He is already mid-elementary school so I think he is too old for a whole different school.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, May 28 2015, 1:58 pm
Anyone here have any idea how Shaarei Tzion is with resources? What about the district? is it possible to get the NY IEP approved in that location?

sayinghi

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 9:24 pm
Bump

emama

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 11:41 pm
I would call the school and ask what special services are offered and what support the school itself offers. Ask if they track the students, or have pull outs for small group or 1:1 help if that is what your child needs. They should have someone in charge of special services for the school who should be able to answer your questions. From what I've heard, NY seems to offer more in the form of services to day school students than NJ.

Ask them for names of some parents to contact as well who might be in the area where you hope to live.
Good luck.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating