Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Pick a restaurant for our anniversary

queenert

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 1:35 pm
Please. Smile

Meat.
Jlem.
Romantic. Good service and food.
No rabbanut mehadrin, ou, or beit yosef. Everything else is fine.

So far I have:
Shayen (not so into the Asian... if we're spending $$$ I want it on something I can't get cheap.)
Keyara (top choice so far)
Red Heifer (don't know much about but we liked Wolf and Lamb)
Gong (ditto the Asian comment for sushi)

Which of the above do you recommend?
Any other suggestions?

Thanks!!!!

morningsickness

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 3:47 pm
Papagayo- great service, great south American style meat, not cheap though.

Rodriguez- located in har Chotzvim

Cow

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 3:51 pm
Keyara!!! all the way! nice setting and romantic, really yummy food
went on my 6th date there (that basically sealed the deal) as well as some anniversary dinners over the years

OOTBubby

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 4:14 pm
morningsickness wrote:

Rodriguez- located in har Chotzvim

We've eaten at all of these and did not have a good experience at Rodriguez a few months ago. The place was 3/4 empty, but service was terrible. There were tons of kids running around all over making a racket and the staff didn't care. The food was mediocre.

We love Red Heifer. Sheyan and Keyara are also great. Sheyan has lots of non-Asian stuff on the menu too.

ally

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 4:27 pm
If you are going for Keyara...

https://www.groupon.co.il/deal.....28515

luppamom

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 4:31 pm
I went to an Italian place on Kanfei Nesharim. Rubin Hechsher. It's called Muscat. Rubin hechsher milchigs.

morningsickness

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 4:48 pm
We didn't like Rodrigues anyways but I've heard that other ppl have had a better experience there.

We loved Papagayo though.

queenert

Post Wed, May 27 2015, 5:44 am
A groupon!!! Thank you!
Guess that seals the deal, eh?
And Red Heifer was starting to ease up on Keyara...

Thanks also for the Rodriguez mention. I saw ads for them awhile ago and couldn't remember the name and it was driving me crazy!

Liebs

Post Wed, May 27 2015, 5:53 am
ally wrote:
If you are going for Keyara...

https://www.groupon.co.il/deal.....28515

bIs there a way to see groupon in english? thnx for posting, maybe we should go out to eat to!

shabri

Post Wed, May 27 2015, 6:50 am
Just FYI, we are big fans of Keyara. It's our go to birthday and anniversary place. But in the last when they had groupons we found the food and service really subpar. I'm not saying don't go but don't expect the full Keyara experience. (Maybe they got their act together this time but last time they really couldn't handle the increased crowd)

deli123

Post Wed, May 27 2015, 7:59 am
there is a restaurant in the old train station that we love called "lechem u basar" that is in the old train station. there is a machpud hecsher

ally

Post Wed, May 27 2015, 11:27 am
Liebs wrote:
bIs there a way to see groupon in english? thnx for posting, maybe we should go out to eat to!

I don't think so.
Maybe google translate?

queenert

Post Thu, May 28 2015, 9:48 am
Shabri, thanks for the warning. We kept our expectations low and had a grand time.
We got there around 7 and had very attentive service but by 8 it had really filled up and the service did get a lot slower/more harried.
So early is good, mid is OK, late is probably not worth it.

I couldn't translate the page either but the basic gist is that there are three options: 200, 250, and 300. All include juice, wine, appetizers, entrées, and a dessert to split (or one each if you get the 300 option).
The difference between the categories is the menu options you can choose. (Try reading the menu - most items are English words you'll recognize...though I did spend a while trying to figure out gnocchi. Highly recommended BTW.)
At the actual restaraunt they'll tell you what you can order for what you picked (it goes by price range) and you can always pay the (pretty negligible) difference if you decide you want something out of range.
Oh, we also got yummy focaccia with dips that we thought were only for the 300 category.

Deli123, too late for this time but sounds intriguing. What's it like and where is the old train station?

shabri

Post Thu, May 28 2015, 1:18 pm
Good to hear. I think I will buy it for DH's birthday in July.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions