Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Lightinthebox.com ???

Chayalle

Post Wed, May 27 2015, 12:18 pm
Has anyone ordered children's gowns from lightinthebox.com? If you have, were you happy with the quality? I've been looking at the gowns and wondering if they really look as nice as the pictures, wondering it they are worth buying for my girls, for an upcoming wedding.

TIA.

clowny

Post Wed, May 27 2015, 12:39 pm
Yes I've ordered from them several times. Was very happy. Gowns are stunning. As far as quality, my girls were able to use it twice. After second wedding bottom of gown was torn, but its still worth it. Renting a gown twice would probably be 3 times the price. When ordering keep in mind that they have a 7 day return policy only.

Chayalle

Post Wed, May 27 2015, 12:48 pm
Clowny, Thank you for responding. It's really helpful!

miami85

Post Wed, May 27 2015, 2:52 pm
I don't know about their children's gowns, but I ordered an adult gown and only afterwards I saw some of the comments saying it might be a sketchy website. I got nervous, however, I saw one comment that said "the gown was so made I didn't realize it was inside-out". My gown arrived several weeks later and all a-flutter not knowing what to expect, I opened it, and I was initially disappointed and confused--it didn't look like the picture, but then I took a closer look-and YES it was ALSO inside-out! The gown was terrific! It fit great, and looked great. I got lots of comments on it. Hatzlacha

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, May 27 2015, 7:24 pm
I have ordered scarves and wigs from them with good results.

I have never ordered clothes from them.

Chayalle

Post Thu, May 28 2015, 8:54 am
miami85 wrote:
I don't know about their children's gowns, but I ordered an adult gown and only afterwards I saw some of the comments saying it might be a sketchy website. I got nervous, however, I saw one comment that said "the gown was so made I didn't realize it was inside-out". My gown arrived several weeks later and all a-flutter not knowing what to expect, I opened it, and I was initially disappointed and confused--it didn't look like the picture, but then I took a closer look-and YES it was ALSO inside-out! The gown was terrific! It fit great, and looked great. I got lots of comments on it. Hatzlacha

Thank you!

farm

Post Thu, May 28 2015, 10:51 am
The order took ages to come but was basically true to the description from the website- measurements were a bit off, err on the side of ordering bigger since you can always take in seams if necessary. We went with LITB because kallah wanted a lot of matching little girls in an unusual color. The gowns we used for other family weddings borrowed from a gemach were head and shoulders above in terms of quality and how the material draped on the little girls but since that's what the kallah wanted...

Chayalle

Post Thu, May 28 2015, 12:58 pm
farm wrote:
The order took ages to come but was basically true to the description from the website- measurements were a bit off, err on the side of ordering bigger since you can always take in seams if necessary. We went with LITB because kallah wanted a lot of matching little girls in an unusual color. The gowns we used for other family weddings borrowed from a gemach were head and shoulders above in terms of quality and how the material draped on the little girls but since that's what the kallah wanted...

This is actually what I'm worried about...whether the gowns would look "cheap".

Rosemarie

Post Thu, May 28 2015, 4:10 pm
I would love to know the same thing, do the little girl gowns from here look cheapy?
Also how long do they take to arrive?

Mommy3.5

Post Thu, May 28 2015, 6:22 pm
The town I got my daughter was beautiful. It was not a custom size so it needed alterations. Because she fell between 2 sizes. My dress that I got was perfect. Do was my sisters. It took five weeks to get it.

Rosemarie

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 8:02 am
I put a few things in my cart so I can order and try them out to see how they look. I don't want to order for all the girls before we see that we like what they look like. But when it came to checkout shipping was around $60! That adds about $15 to each dress! Is that what everyone here had? Or is there a way to get free shipping?

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 12:03 pm
Shipping is more then 15. I got a customs bill for 24 dollars a few weeks later. One customs bill for each order. Its shipping from China.

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 12:04 pm
Shipping is more then 15. I got a customs bill for 24 dollars a few weeks later. One customs bill for each order. Its shipping from China.

Rosemarie

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 12:33 pm
Mommy3.5 wrote:

I guess I can be OK paying that for our gowns since the price is so cheap. But how do I justify spending that on sample gowns I am ordering in a few different styles? Did you order all gowns sight unseen? I can't seem to get myself to take that gamble, what if they arrive and the color or style is awful or the gown in general looks very cheap shmatta-like?

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 12:54 pm
Mommy3.5 wrote:

Thanks so much for posting this.

So - if I order a $75 gown for my DD, I might be paying an additional $15 for shipping plus $24 for customs - a significant "up" on the price.

I think I'm going to put more effort into local options.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics