Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How much to charge - typesetting a sefer

amother

Post Sun, Jul 07 2013, 9:56 am
I am a graphic designer and was asked to quote a price for typesetting a book that will have hebrew on the top part of the page, and english on the other half.

I have never been asked to do a roject of this nature- I mostly do logos, flyers, newspaper ads and brochures. How much do I charge for such a thing? Per page or per book?

Thanks!!

kb

Post Sun, Jul 07 2013, 12:16 pm
When I'm not sure about how much to charge, I charge per hour. Or give a price range, depending on how much time it will take. Or ask how much they usually pay for such a thing, if that question is reasonable for that client.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 07 2013, 12:44 pm
OP here. the client is asking me for a price upfront, and doesn't have any idea what to expect. They know I may or may not agree to do it (because of the hebrew/english technical difficulties, but anyway they want to know a ballpark of how much to expect to pay.

Gneshe

Post Sun, Jul 07 2013, 3:12 pm
I Would Charge Per Page.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, May 27 2015, 8:36 pm
I know this is very old, but did you do it in the end? I work in indesign (not meddle eastern version) and would like to typeset a hebrew sefer. any suggestions or recommendations for me?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics