Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Can you iceskate?
Previous  1  2

CatLady

Post Fri, May 22 2015, 3:07 pm
Debbie, you and I can sit on the sidelines sipping hot chocolate and discussing how thankful we are to not have to buy underarm pads for crutches! LOL LOL LOL

penguin

Post Fri, May 22 2015, 3:08 pm
Of course. (See my avatar!)

Debbie

Post Fri, May 22 2015, 3:16 pm
CatLady wrote:
Debbie, you and I can sit on the sidelines sipping hot chocolate and discussing how thankful we are to not have to buy underarm pads for crutches! LOL LOL LOL

Sounds good to me CatLady!

blossoming

Post Mon, May 25 2015, 3:36 pm
I'm an Isaeli who moved to America as a teen. Which means, in my circles, ice skating or roller blading were uncommon. In my american highschool, ice skating outings are the norm, though as hard as I tried I could never get it.

I'll never forget how stupid I felt after my friends tried to teach me again and again how to skate to no avail.

The hardest part that there was no one else who really didn't know like me.

Glad I met this post.

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, May 27 2015, 4:48 pm
I have very wide but small feet, so I can never find skates that would fit me. Can't do skiing for the same reason--was never able to hire extra-wide boots in my size.

Tzutzie

Post Wed, May 27 2015, 6:14 pm
JMM-uc wrote:
Isn't it pretty much the same thing?

Pretty similar but not the same.

I do both. It's fun. But I haven't gone ice skating in 7 years and regular skating since I got pregnant w dd1 - that is close to 3 years.
I think it's might be time to sell my skates. I got a new pair less than 4 years ago. Still in perfect condition.

mandr

Post Wed, May 27 2015, 9:29 pm
I can skate but can't do anything fun. I can go fast without falling but that's about it. Rollerblading is more enjoyable to me because I can go places instead of just round and round the rink. From about age 8-24 I used to go rollerblading almost every day or night when there was nice weather. Just around the neighborhood or around the local parks. But then I got married and somehow have no time (the area I live in isn't conducive either). Still, I got dh rollerblades and made sure he knows how to use them so when I get back into it, we can do it together! I think it's a great sport, especially while listening to music to set the tempo!

Rutabaga

Post Thu, May 28 2015, 12:41 am
I can ice skate, if holding on to the wall and shuffling forward on skates counts as actually skating.

DH and I used to go ice skating occasionally during shana rishona. We had to schedule it for Sundays when I wasn't in niddah so I could hold on to DH for stability or he could pick me up off the ice. Of course, he isn't the best skater either, so half the time I would fall and he'd try to help me up only to end up falling himself or visa versa.

DD loves ice skating and she's fearless. We try to bring her Canadian grandfather or one of her uncles along with us so someone who knows what he's doing can actually teach her. I happily sit on the sidelines with coats and shoes and hot chocolate.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics