Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Girly Brownies

myname1

Post Thu, May 28 2015, 9:34 am
I'd like to make brownies for a friend's kiddush. I was thinking to put white chocolate chips and pink sprinkles over the top before baking. Any clue if that would work well?

Does anyone have a good oil-based (not margarine) recipe to recommend? Thanks!

be good

Post Thu, May 28 2015, 10:18 am
I think your chips and sprinkles would look cute.

first recipe in this thread is excellent! you might want to double it,it doesn't make that much.
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....78525

myname1

Post Thu, May 28 2015, 10:24 am
Okay, off to give it a try. Thank you!!

Liebs

Post Thu, May 28 2015, 11:39 am
Or can drizzle chocolate over it piece by piece.
It looks gorgeous if you cut them with square cutter so even. Then dip the whole piece into melted chocolate then put on pink sprinkles/drizzle pink lines. Can also do chopped nuts. Looks really nice.
Can do heart shaped?!

When I first saw title was gonna answer....which girl doesn't like chocolate!

Iymnok

Post Thu, May 28 2015, 11:49 am
If you sprinkle chocolate chips over the pan as soon as you remove them from the oven, they will melt. Spread them with a little drizzle of oil, sprinkle with a topping.
Chopped nuts, sprinkles, tinted coconut...

myname1

Post Thu, May 28 2015, 12:36 pm
Iymnok wrote:
If you sprinkle chocolate chips over the pan as soon as you remove them from the oven, they will melt. Spread them with a little drizzle of oil, sprinkle with a topping.
Chopped nuts, sprinkles, tinted coconut...

I need to do another batch and I think this will look nicer- how does spreading them work exactly? What do you mean by spread them "with a little drizzle of oil?" Thanks!

Iymnok

Post Thu, May 28 2015, 2:16 pm
I sprinkle about a half cup of chocolate chips for a 9x13. I put a cookie sheet on top to melt them faster. I think a teaspoon (maybe tablespoon?) to soften the chocolate so that when it cools it will slice, not crack. Spread with a knife or spatula.

myname1

Post Fri, May 29 2015, 4:11 am
Came out very nice, thank you! For future reference, here's the issues with the other method- the white chocolate chips got a bit browned and sunk in when baked, so it didn't look so nice. Same for the pink sprinkles. This way came out very presentable. Thank you, everyone!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins