Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Lakewood 18-24 month playgroup

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 10:11 am
I am hoping to start a new job IYH this September and I am looking for a place to send my son. I may possibly need late hours, till about 4:00.
Any recommendations? What can I hope to pay for a full day playgroup with hours 9:00-4:00 or so?

21young

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 12:20 pm
I don't know of any regular basement-style playgroups that go so late. Also, it's very late in the year to start applying now. Are you moving to Lakewood now?
Your best bet for such long hours is a daycare-style place, such as Gitty's Gan, or one of those. They are more expensive than the regular playgroups, but they have long hours and very few days off. I don't know what they charge, but the regular playgroups are in the $300-$400/month range, so expect to pay a bit more than that.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 2:04 pm
21young wrote:
I don't know of any regular basement-style playgroups that go so late. Also, it's very late in the year to start applying now. Are you moving to Lakewood now?
Your best bet for such long hours is a daycare-style place, such as Gitty's Gan, or one of those. They are more expensive than the regular playgroups, but they have long hours and very few days off. I don't know what they charge, but the regular playgroups are in the $300-$400/month range, so expect to pay a bit more than that.

No, I live in Lakewood.
The reason why I didn't look until now is because I thought I would stay home with my son another year, but there is a possible job opportunity in the works now.

lakewoodmom4

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 9:01 pm
where in Lakewood do you live? I know someone you can call. pm me for details

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 3:28 pm
It's not too late at all to find a group for such a young age. Most 18-24 month groups are not full yet. But, generally, the home based ones do not have such late hours. You would have to go with the professional day care centers.

BTW, did you check the Masa Umatan list?

lakewoodmom4

Post Wed, May 27 2015, 3:08 pm
I do an 18-24m playgroup in my house with extended hours. You can pm me for more info

loving it!

Post Thu, May 28 2015, 8:52 pm
lakewoodmom4 wrote:
I do an 18-24m playgroup in my house with extended hours. You can pm me for more info

would you take my baby who will be 16 mo in september? if yes, do you also start early, or just end late? thanks!

lakewoodmom4

Post Fri, May 29 2015, 8:18 am
I sent you a pm
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics