Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Sending Special Ed Child to Public School
Previous  1  2

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, May 29 2015, 12:52 pm
The school was responsive with the washing situation. It just took a while until they figured out which teacher was bothering him.

In general, the teachers supervising lunch and recess don't seem to have control of what's going on. I have told his homeroom teacher about the yamulka snatching but she wasn't able to affect a change.

marina

Post Fri, May 29 2015, 1:34 pm
amother wrote:
The school was responsive with the washing situation. It just took a while until they figured out which teacher was bothering him.

In general, the teachers supervising lunch and recess don't seem to have control of what's going on. I have told his homeroom teacher about the yamulka snatching but she wasn't able to affect a change.

Does the kippah thing really bother your child? Some kids just find it to be a game. Once my child came home complaining that some other boy on the block was grabbing his kippah and throwing it up in the air, and when I came over to the house all indignant and furious, I found out from the grandma that my son took this child's baseball cap and was playing toss with it and the kids were just laughing and having a good time.

If it really bothers your child, I'd look up your district's policies on reporting bullying and follow those directions.

amother
Gray

Post Fri, May 29 2015, 1:41 pm
My son is no longer in a day school and it's working out fine. But it's a long day once we add judaics after school.

I don't expect a jewish school to accommodate him for free. They simply don't have the funds for the type of help he needs and really, he needs a self contained special ed room. And they don't have enough kids for that anyhow.

The jewish schools are more than happy to help if we pay for extra support. But it's hard to coordinate it all and he's so far behind his peers that it was beginning to affect his self esteem....so we pulled him out
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)