Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Umbrella stroller comparison

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, May 29 2015, 11:07 am
I'm anon because this is public on facebook.

I won a Bumbleride Flite in a facebook giveaway. It was a little random, because it's not something I really need right now, but I suppose will be nice to have. Theoretically, though, I could sell it and either keep the cash or buy one I like better. It looks like a nice stroller in general but there are a couple of things I don't like about it:
- The whole seat seems a little tilted back. I'm seeing this in a lot of strollers. I found my kids liked to sit up. Even if the seatback tilts back, if the bottom is straight then they can sit up on their own. Is this a thing now? Can anyone confirm whether the seat angle is comfortable for kids on the Flite?
- Seems you need two hands to fold it. What's the point? I currently have a Maclaren that I am not that thrilled with but you engage the fold with your foot, so you can hold the baby in one hand while folding the stroller with the other when boarding a bus or something.
- Basket looks small. I know umbrella strollers always are, but the Maclaren one seems significantly deeper, at least in pictures.

On the other hand, I am happy to have a new umbrella stroller because my Maclaren is old, so it's not as smooth anymore, the hood doesn't provide much coverage, the steering/pushing isn't so smooth. It's heavier, I think. The Bumbleride has wheel suspension, a big hood, is supposed to be a smoother push, and comes with a car seat adapter which isn't a must for me but is nice to have (though I would probably be more inclined to wear a newborn; but I did use a snap-n-go quite a bit with my previous babies and I gave it away so could use some replacement)

So the question is twofold:
1. Is the Flite a worthy replacement for my old Maclaren despite the tilted seat, two-hand fold, and smallish basket?
2. If I do decide to try to resell it and get something I like better (knowing me, I'm more likely to keep the cash... but maybe I'll treat myself) is there an umbrella stroller in the same price range that has all the features: comfortable/straight seat, one-hand fold, nice basket, smooth push/steer, big shade, light weight?

Also, I need to tell them what color I want. I wonder which is the most popular that will be easiest to resell?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics