Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Used cloths and bed bugs

amother
Linen

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 9:24 pm
Is there a problem that when you get clothes from a gemach you might get clothes that have bed bugs?

seeker

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 10:21 pm
Anything's possible. Whenever I get anything used and I'm not 100% sure where it's been, I put it through a hot dryer for an hour before it enters the rest of my house. Something that can't be put in a dryer I'd only get secondhand from a reputable place that treats all their items for bedbugs before selling (some secondhand stores do, some don't)

amother
Linen

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 11:02 pm
seeker wrote:
Anything's possible. Whenever I get anything used and I'm not 100% sure where it's been, I put it through a hot dryer for an hour before it enters the rest of my house. Something that can't be put in a dryer I'd only get secondhand from a reputable place that treats all their items for bedbugs before selling (some secondhand stores do, some don't)

Do hot dryers kill bed bugs. There are used clothes gemachs in the community and I don't know if I should go and get some clothes for dc from there. I'm sure they don't take care of bed bugs.

zaq

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 2:51 pm
Hot dryers will kill just about anything. They do have to be HOT though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics