Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Yeshiva Israel- fine solid boy- weak learning? Any Ideas?

helimum

Post Thu, May 28 2015, 7:19 am
Hi
Could anyone suggest any ideas for a fine post high school boy who has very weak learning?
He is a very yashrus boy who wants to learn but needs taking from the beginning in a warm accepting , nurturing environment.
We were looking at Bircas Hatorah which was hashkofically and learning wise spot on but the fees were too high and as very new olim we just can't do it!
We are anglo haredi but open to thinking broader.

Please please let me know any ideas you have -we really need help with this !!

Thanks

November

Post Thu, May 28 2015, 7:25 am
Go back to Birkas HaTorah and beg them to make it affordable. If that would be a good place for him, don't take no for an answer.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, May 28 2015, 7:56 am
I have a son considering Darkaynu in the fall

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, May 28 2015, 7:57 am
I recommend looking into Torah Ohr (Rav Sheinberg's yeshiva) in Mattersdorf in Yerushalayim...they and another yeshiva on site (I think it's called Shaarei Chaim but I could be wrong) - they both have really warm rabbeim, and I believe they have tracks for all different levels of learning as well as both Israeli and American programs (and batei midrashim)

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, May 28 2015, 8:31 am
amother wrote:
I recommend looking into Torah Ohr (Rav Sheinberg's yeshiva) in Mattersdorf in Yerushalayim...they and another yeshiva on site (I think it's called Shaarei Chaim but I could be wrong) - they both have really warm rabbeim, and I believe they have tracks for all different levels of learning as well as both Israeli and American programs (and batei midrashim)

Was gonna say that....
If not is another one but guys a bit more "cool", called Aderes Hatorah a.k.a. "senters" (Rabbi Senter is RY)
Nice warm place but guys more wealthy crowd I think. Torah or more simple crowd.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, May 28 2015, 8:56 am
http://darkaynu.org.il/

amother
Purple

Post Thu, May 28 2015, 12:34 pm
Marbeh Torah in Bnei Brak similar to bircas http://www.marbehtorah.com/
Shaare Chaim to the right of bircas hatorah
Medrash Shmuel caters to all levels
Yeshiva Tiferet
Aish Gesher
Ohr Somayach derech
Ateret Yerushalaim
Yishrei Lev
Ohr Yerushalaim
Netiv Aryeh

helimum

Post Thu, May 28 2015, 1:23 pm
Wow thanks everyone .. masses of suggestions .. please keep them coming and meanwhile I'm going to start looking into those that I've not heard of before

amother
Purple

Post Fri, May 29 2015, 3:08 am
Lomdei Torah could be a good fit lomdei.org

Are you looking for a white shirt yeshiva or something more open such as birkas hatorah?

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, May 30 2015, 3:37 pm
Torah simcha on sorotzkin

shanie5

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 7:23 pm
amother wrote:

It is called sha'are chaim. My son loves it there.

motherotonz

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 12:07 pm
I know this is too late for your son, but maybe another mother has the same question and this might be of help.

Look up torahlemaaseh.org
It's a new yeshiva program that learns through experience.

Sometimes, the student isn't weak, it's the system that is weak, it's just not for everyone!

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 1:14 pm
Nachlas Yisrael Yitchak in beit shemesh - good solid boys, nice mix of learning levels, modeled after chofetz chaim learning style but more yeshvish/ charedi (good solid boys) then chafetz chaim and a TON of individualized attention.
Used to be a high school and beis medrash together - split recently
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics