Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
ISO a good bread machine

abound

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 1:07 pm
I need to buy a reasonably priced good bread machine.
Any ideas?
TIA

sky

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 1:26 pm
http://www.amazon.com/Panasoni.....5QFL0

I have this machine for a few years and I"m very happy with it. I use it mainly for doughs - challah and pizza and rolls and occasionally to bake a loaf of bread. Its a mid price machine. Most of the items I wish it did are for more expensive models.

The Pros are that its a great machine that lasts. And that it bakes 2 1/2 lb loaf which is on the larger size.

cons: the bread is a funny shape
There is a hole in the bottom from the beater (will only not get that from a much more expensive model)
No fruit dispenser (not really so necessary)
No programmable cycles. So if I want a quick dough cycle it doesn't exist (I use the pizza cycle instead)

abound

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 2:00 pm
Thank you, I am appreciating all the info you game me. I wonder if I can get away with something cheaper.

anyone has experience with the oster?

tichellady

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 3:10 pm
I have the oster. It works for me. I mostly use it to mix dough that I bake outside the machine ( like challah). I do make bread it in occasionally and it's not perfect for that but it's pretty good. I go through a machine every three years or so and I make challah almost every week and bake bread in it about once a month.

Sanguine

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 3:19 pm
Get a bigger one (it's worse the money). My first one was cheaper and standard size but once I started using it I really wanted (and bought) a bigger one. Normal size loaf of bread. And can use 5+ cups of flour for making Challah

Raisin

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 3:22 pm
I have the panasonic but I hardly use it anymore. I used to use it for challah but since I got a magic mill I do that instead. Its perfect if you only need 3 challos every week but I needed to do 2 or 3 batches.

I use it for pizza dough sometimes.

I will say it has lasted a long time. Ive had for about 10 years or more, and I used a lot for the first few years.

tichellady

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 3:36 pm
Just to be clear- the fact that mine only lasts about three years may be more about me than the machine. It's hard to know.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads