Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Maxi Cosi or Graco infant seat?

mango

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 9:59 am
I have the city select stroller and had the older version of the maxi cosi for my older 2 kids, which is now expired so I have to choose a new one and I'm stuck between the graco and maxi cosi...
On the one hand I already bhave the adapter and I really like the look. On the other hand the graco has a much higher weight limit and the weight of the actual seat is now comparable.

The Maxi cosi is way more expensive and you can't use any coupons on it but I could get the 2014 version for cheaper, is that worth it? On the other hand I could I probably get a graco + the new adapter for the same price or cheaper even then the maxi cosi...
Any opinions greatly appreciated!

Laughing Bag!

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 10:12 am
I have a graco car seat and is really good bh. I don't know about the newest version though. I do know that I just saw a maxi cosi car seat I don't know what version but it was extremely heavy. Again I don't know about the new version of either one but this was the first time I saw such a heavy car seat.

mango

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 10:18 am
Laughing Bag! wrote:
I have a graco car seat and is really good bh. I don't know about the newest version though. I do know that I just saw a maxi cosi car seat I don't know what version but it was extremely heavy. Again I don't know about the new version of either one but this was the first time I saw such a heavy car seat.

My old version of the maxi cosi was really heavy but from what I read online the newer version seems to be lighter, I guess I should go to a store and lift it up empty to try it out. I do not want another heavy car seat, I will be using it and out the car everyday IYH.

Laughing Bag!

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 12:47 pm
mango wrote:
My old version of the maxi cosi was really heavy but from what I read online the newer version seems to be lighter, I guess I should go to a store and lift it up empty to try it out. I do not want another heavy car seat, I will be using it and out the car everyday IYH.

That's a good idea.

Happy 2B

Post Fri, Jun 05 2015, 12:55 am
I have the maxi cosi. I love the way it looks but I'm older and wiser I'd probably go with graco next time around because of the weight limit.

LittleDucky

Post Fri, Jun 05 2015, 1:35 am
I don't know if they make an adapter for your stroller but Chicco has a really good car seat that I like and it has a high weight limit as well. I believe it is about 30 pounds... And it seemed on the lighter end. plus it can be installed in the car with the base (super simple!) or with the seat belt (in cases when you might be using a different car).

shooting star

Post Fri, Jun 05 2015, 1:47 am
I didn't really find a use for the Graco weight limit (we have the 30). My son grew out of it height wise way before he was close to the weight limit. But that could have just been his build.

Also, I don't like the Graco buckle. It's quite hard to undo. They might have improved this now though since there was a buckle recall for the convertible.

The Graco is easy to install, use and adapt to strollers so that I do like.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics