Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Monsey, NY - Please watch your kiddies!!

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 5:15 pm
Please watch your kids!

I can not agree more with this article!

I have a park on our property and mothers drop off there 2.5 yr old kids to play there - insane!! I wish I would have the strength to yell at the mother!

watergirl

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 5:31 pm
Totally.

Last edited by watergirl on Thu, Jun 04 2015, 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

gp2.0

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 5:48 pm
I have an idea, why don't they put up a fence with a gate around their front yards? Problem solved for the little kids.

mandr

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 7:18 pm
Great announcement but not in a very prominent place. I mean, I read stuff but I don't get the Front Page so never would have seen this in print. THey should hang this up at every corner. It's more important than the צדיק בא לעיר signs.

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 7:45 pm
I unfortunately see children in and around the street wayyyyyy too often.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 7:58 pm
//I have a park on our property and mothers drop off there 2.5 yr old kids to play there - insane!! I wish I would have the strength to yell at the mother! //

Am I to understand that this park is YOUR PROPERTY? and mothers leave children there? Then they are under your care and YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE. Why would you need strength to "yell" when all you need is a smile and an "I'm sorry, your kids are only welcome to play if you stay with them."???

And if you say nothing, then you are allowing this and if something should happen to that 2.5 year old, you could be liable don't you think? I'm sorry, I understand your frustration, but find your behavior to be quite shocking as well.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 8:00 pm
I'm not in Monsey, but yesterday I saw my neighbor's 1 1/2 year old daughter outside by herself. I told my daughter I was going to knock on their door, and she told me the kid is always outside by herself shock. I knocked, and the mother had no clue she was outside.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 8:04 pm
I know someone whose child wandered down their street (not in Monsey) and crossed a busy road into the local grocery. And then did it again. I think the police warning she received prevented the third incident.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 8:38 pm
amother wrote:
//I have a park on our property and mothers drop off there 2.5 yr old kids to play there - insane!! I wish I would have the strength to yell at the mother! //

Am I to understand that this park is YOUR PROPERTY? and mothers leave children there? Then they are under your care and YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE. Why would you need strength to "yell" when all you need is a smile and an "I'm sorry, your kids are only welcome to play if you stay with them."???

And if you say nothing, then you are allowing this and if something should happen to that 2.5 year old, you could be liable don't you think? I'm sorry, I understand your frustration, but find your behavior to be quite shocking as well.

You are right, I should speak up.... good thing I'm moving!

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 9:39 pm
FYI, CPS often are forced to get involved if they see a young child wandering the streets alone... While they most likely will not "take the child away from you" they will get involved in your life and it will be very annoying. Yes, if you are letting your 2 year old wander the streets or play in the park alone then you probably NEED their involvement. Having worked with CPS at one time, most likely they will do an investigation and then make you do counseling, parenting classes and a few other things. But like I said, those who let their toddlers run around on their own outside.... could use a bunch of parenting classes. and more.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jun 04 2015, 11:04 pm
Oh my gosh, what is wrong with these people? Have they no common sense at all? shock

I'm all for letting older kids earn some freedom when they can learn responsibility, but toddlers should NOT be free ranging on busy streets. Mad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics