Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
I have Multiple Personality Disorder, Ask me anything!
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 6:30 pm
nanny24/7 wrote:
I admire you so much for being brave enough to post this. Hugs to you!
And I wish you had support of a lot of people who knew this about you and still accept you.
I assure you I would accept you wholeheartedly if I knew you. You are wonderful the way you are. I wouldn't care even if I see you acting like a child a lot of times, besides I love children - they are so cute!!
Can you come to my house and play legos with me and my kids - like a real kid? I would love that! I am not joking or sarcastic when I say this, I mean it -
I love you for who you are! but I don't actually mean it literraly since A. I don't post my address on imamother for privacy reasons, and B. I know you said you can't choose to make the child take over when you want to.
I am happy to hear your husband is supportive. I wonder if you can't ask him to make special times where it's always ok to let the child take over if it tries to - like when playing with children - I bet the children would even love it. I am just wondering and I really don't know and am not trying to give you advice but I wonder if you allowed the child to take over more, when it's ok to, and not always try pushing it away, if it would maybe feel "satisfied" as to not suddenly jump out at you when you don't want it to. Especially if you have possibly the conscious awareness enough to tell the child when or during or after it came out , " I am/was letting you come out because I love you and know it's okay to be you and I will love you as a child and it's okay" no idea as I never heard of this but just my gut feeling about it....
sorry if my wording of "come out" is wrong or inappropriate I am just not sure how to word it.

you are brilliant that is exactly what mental health professionals do recommend. I don't know if my husband would go for it. I put my sons toy on my head today he didn't think it was funny. I did though Smile

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 8:47 pm
I am a mother of a daughter who has severe anxiety and depression SHE is dating age and I really am worried about her going out with someone and them rejecting her for having a diagnosis ( happened once before )
How did you find your DH. And how is he so accepting of your diagnosis ?

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 11:40 pm
amother wrote:
you are brilliant that is exactly what mental health professionals do recommend. I don't know if my husband would go for it. I put my sons toy on my head today he didn't think it was funny. I did though Smile

I've done things like that for the kids- not often enough though! They love it!
I was the favorite babysitter because I got down and spoke their language. To play with them in a way that they relate to makes them so happy and gives them security. That's a good mommy. I don't do it with my kids nearly enough. Confused Maybe if m old at 30?

mille

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 4:36 am
amother wrote:
so you aren't sorry ok so I don't forgive you... also I never said disorders are meaningless all I said is that the label doesn't really matter to me per se because a label doesn't define me. What I experience defines me so it wouldn't really matter if some people don't believe the disorder exists and it is in the DSM just like any other disorder so I don't really understand your point.

Huh?? Where do you get that I'm not sorry? I wasn't actually even replying to you talking about disorders, I was replying to another amother above (you then I think replied to her). I think you are being WAY too sensitive for no reason at this point, OP. Relax. Not everyone is out to get you.

My point is that we categorize and define disorders based on a large body of scientific research, and we do so to HELP PEOPLE. So people like you can get HELP. And so people like you don't have to face criticism from people who don't believe mental illness is real. Clearly you don't really face many issues, according to what you've said, which is a GOOD THING. All because we define and categorize mental illness in a very similar way we do for physical illness.

I was saying something positive, OP. Don't spin it around.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 6:03 am
Iymnok wrote:
I've done things like that for the kids- not often enough though! They love it!
I was the favorite babysitter because I got down and spoke their language. To play with them in a way that they relate to makes them so happy and gives them security. That's a good mommy. I don't do it with my kids nearly enough. Confused Maybe if m old at 30?
things like what? Sorry I wasn't sure what you were referring to?

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 7:13 am
amother wrote:
things like what? Sorry I wasn't sure what you were referring to?

"Put my son's toy on my head"
Do childish things with the children.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 7:21 am
Iymnok wrote:
"Put my son's toy on my head"
Do childish things with the children.
I do that all the time almost forty so you aren't old at 30 :0) in this case my children were sleeping I was just being silly regardless hence hubby didn't think it was funny! But you are right it's important to be fun with your kids when they are little we sing and dance daily! Nothing to do with DID it's just fun!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 8:16 am
amother wrote:
I do that all the time almost forty so you aren't old at 30 :0) in this case my children were sleeping I was just being silly regardless hence hubby didn't think it was funny! But you are right it's important to be fun with your kids when they are little we sing and dance daily! Nothing to do with DID it's just fun!

I act silly all the time when it's just me and my husband. I think it's genetic for me because my mom still acts silly and she's over 60. My husband thinks it's hysterical when I act this way. Just trying to point out that it is normal for adults to be silly sometimes.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 8:26 am
amother wrote:
I act silly all the time when it's just me and my husband. I think it's genetic for me because my mom still acts silly and she's over 60. My husband thinks it's hysterical when I act this way. Just trying to point out that it is normal for adults to be silly sometimes.

Thanks Smile
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics