Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How to mop floors so they actually get clean?
Previous  1  2

lfab

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 1:30 pm
ra_mom wrote:
The only way to really accomplish what you want is to get down on your hands and knees with a pail of cleaning solution and scrub with rags, going over everything again with clean water/cleaning solution until the water/solution runs clear. (Could take two or three washes.) I don't know of it's worthwhile to you, but if it is, doing this twice a week, with your regular upkeep of washing spills in between, should keep things really clean. Even once a week would help you maintain your floors better.
I usually don't have time for this and would rather wash things down rather quickly every other day with a scotch brite mop, but every so often when it's important enough to me and I have the energy I get down on the floor. Lately I feel like I need to get myself back to doing the deep scrub once a week. Maybe it's the change of season. Trying to find the energy Smile

The lack of time is my biggest issue here. If I could I would do a deep scrub on my hands and knees at least once a month plus mop every 2-3 days. However, right now it's just not realistic and the floors only get washed once a week. That's why I'm looking for a washing method that really cleans the floor well. Whether it's a certain type of mop or a specific detergent that works really well, etc.

jfgtry

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 4:03 pm
mop your floors, dry them with a used bath towel. Repeat with white bath towel if you want proof.

mfb

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 6:23 pm
You can also try- no outdoor shoes in the house. Shoes get taken off by the door and switched to slippers that don't leave the house.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 6:36 pm
I agree. If there's is no time for more upkeep then removing all shoes before walking in the door is the way to go.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 6:45 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Attach dusting cloths to your baby's knees. Kill 2 birds with one stone Wink

http://www.betterthanpants.com/baby-mop.html

ROFL

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 10:51 pm
I actual use a squeegee to wipe the floors after I wash them. The dirty water is gathered up and the floor is very clean. Unfortunately I do that only once a month. Wish I had time to do it weekly.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry