Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
So nervous about this meeting!!

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Jun 12 2015, 1:48 am
basically I work for a guy who is really nice and very friendly. I work very long hours and very hard. I work like a dog to make sure the company runs smoothly and well. I've been working in the company for 3 months and another worker that it is there now has been working there for the past two years. My job is sales plus customer service and commission. And the job of the other woman is the same thing but I just work many more hours than she does. lately the Commission has not been working out as well as it should be. I would be working on a sale for 2 months and finally it would be going through and randomly he would give over this sale to my other worker. I've been getting very annoyed at these things cuz it happened already 3 times and I absolutely lost myself on Monday and I gave my boss a yelling for it and the next day he what has been ignoring me since then. I texted him later tonight if I can talk to him and he ignore my text I called him and he ignore my phone call I texted again that I understand he's angry at me and when can we speak. He answered me that we can meet at 9 o'clock tomorrow morning I'm really nervous as to what he's going to tell me can anybody give me some idea of what I'm going to be hearing Thanks. I'm a hard worker (and he knows that) my fear is that he will fire me.

Anonymous for some reasons

seeker

Post Fri, Jun 12 2015, 3:28 am
I have no idea what you mean by "gave your boss a yelling" and I can only hope that was not literal. But if you did anything that could be described that way, that was a major faux pas and I would not expect a favorable outcome.

In a case like this, rather than yelling I would FIRST request a meeting. THEN at the meeting I would express my opinion that the current commission policy is insufficient because "sometimes" "one employee" "may" start with a client while "some other employee" may end up closing the deal at the end. Then I would propose a solution such as that records should be kept of who brings a contact into the business as well as who closes the sale, and if they are two different people the commission should be split. Or whatever solution you think would work for your situation without getting too many people too upset.

If that didn't work, my next step would probably be to wait a little while and then request another meeting, this time saying something like "I am noticing that in many instances (can give recent examples) cases have been transferred to [other employee] after I had been working on them for some time. I am wondering why this is happening. Is there something you would like me to do differently when handling these cases?" I.e. the tone is that you're looking to improve and learn his preferences, but at the same time you communicate that you are aware that this is happening, with the implication that you would prefer it not to be.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics