Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
ISO camera recommendations

rosey

Post Sun, Jun 14 2015, 1:17 pm
My 7yr old Sony point and shoot is showing it's age... (as am I)

I really need a good camera for the kiddie pics.

Indoor (school) performances and outdoor active shots. I also like to try an artistic shot now and then, but I really need it for the first two.

I'd like to be able to zoom in during video (can't do that now) and be able to see whatever I shoot, videos and stills on the computer without it being blurry.

I'm not looking for anything fancy at all, but willing to learn to use a basic DSLR if that's what I need to do for good pics.

Any tips appreciated! TIA

yenny

Post Sun, Jun 14 2015, 2:48 pm
Canon g15

SorGold

Post Sun, Jun 14 2015, 2:57 pm
Basic dslr... are you a costco member? They have good sale on dslrs now with an extra lense.... nikon 3300 entry level... Whats your price range? Makes a big difference

Frumdoc

Post Sun, Jun 14 2015, 4:03 pm
I have had a panasonic lumix for some time, make sure it is one with a good optical zoom (>12) and reasonable megapixel, they all have great video with zoom and fab auto settings so youcan do some funky stuff with them or you can just point and shoot and it does all the clever work for you, from portrait to closeup to lovely panoramic views (I have some amazing ones of yerushalayim). They really can be professional quality.

They go from cheap to v v expensive, I always get a mid range in the last but one release as I find it is the best value, and they last years.

IMO better than trying to use an SLR if you haven't got time or energy to try to work out the different lenses etc.

rosey

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 1:25 pm
Hi,
Sorry this response took so long. I like to keep up with my posts, but put this project aside for quite a while. I think I'm moving away from an slr now for the reasons mentioned above.

I'll look into the canon mentioned and lumix, I see that model mentioned a lot.

if anyone else has additional suggestions, feel free. I'm really hoping to get it by December, maybe take advantage of seasonal sales if I can.

thanks for the responses!
Chag sameach

gande

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 5:31 pm
I have a slr it's very bulky. I don't recommend it. I think the sony mirror less camera takes stunning pictures or the canon g series

tweety1

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 8:26 pm
I second the canon g series. I love my g15. Good luck.

rosey

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 9:17 pm
Thanks for your replies. For the Canon g15 I noticed some reviews mention not such great pics in low light. This is my biggest concern.

Could I still get a clear shot or video of school performances in a poorly lit classroom or auditorium, especially trying to zoom in and then out again?

It seems to be a problem with the p&s class of cameras, but I'm not sure it's worth going up to an SLR. I assume when reviewers complain they're talking about something I wouldn't see on my computer, prints (or my family wouldn't see on their phones), being a very casual user, but I'm just not sure.

Thanks again for your help!

tymama

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 2:49 am
I bought this camera. very happy with it.
Not cheap but worth it.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/.....lSrch
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars