Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Packing for the country when do you start?

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 12:00 am
I'm wondering how soon before you go to the country do you start packing?

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 6:43 am
You can't really start too much in advance. I am going up this Sunday to set up our bungalow IY"H and I've packed a few things (mainly chalk and bubbles and flashlights...). I got boxes, which is a big thing. I only packed a few odds and ends. After I wash our Shabbos clothes, I can start packing most of that. I can leave out just a few weekday outfits per kid. But that will happen in the next few days. We still need to use most of our stuff.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 8:46 am
A day or two in advance

mfb

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 8:59 am
Day before leaving
(But I do have a lot of stuff there)

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 9:10 am
This really depends on what your situation is. Some people own their place and leave almost everything there, They just need to pack the clothing. If you rent and can't leave stuff there it's much harder. You need to pack up tons! kitchen stuff, linen, towels, toys...etc... everything..

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 10:05 am
We own but it's only our second year. I wish I wrote down what I left there!! I had a baby last summer so my mind is blank! But clothes, can't I leave out a few outfits and start to pack a week in advance? Am I crazy?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics