Home

Sabbath Mode Oven
Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

MitzadSheini

Post  Wed, Nov 12 2014, 3:01 pm
Oh.. Ok thanks for that info about the hechsher. Hope that helps someone else. Anyway- we are getting around it without any Halachik issues so that's lucky I suppose.

Chickpea

Post  Wed, Nov 12 2014, 8:27 pm
Leahh wrote:
I pm'ed you his info.

Thank you Leahh!
I'll let you know what he says.

Lilibet

Post  Mon, Jun 15 2015, 5:42 pm
the other thing the Sabbath mode does is allow you to leave a burner on under a stove top blech. Most American kitchens have a "range", a one-piece oven cooktop unit. Government safety requirements require that burners automatically turn themselves off after a certain period - on the assumption that if it's on that long it's because you forgot. If you like to warm food on an old-fashioned, stove top blech - or adjust a gas burner on Yom Tov, you need ot purchase a Sabbath-mode range or cooktop, or it will turn itself off.
Previous  1, 2, 3 Recent Topics

Page 3 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen