Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Living room paint color to go with turquoise and blue- help!
Previous  1  2

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 5:07 pm
Maybe you could do a textured look to make the walls more interesting even with a bland color. Or you could sponge paint a couple of different colors. Or is that passé?

ilovesem

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 5:10 pm
I'd do one feature wall in the same teal colour as the furniture and the rest pale grey or white.

Frumdoc

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 5:18 pm
V v pale yellow to bring out the depths of the blues, add to the warmth and make it an inviting room. An equally pale peach but with minimal red tones, just yellowy orange tones would be incredibly sophisticated but very hard to find, you might need to get one mixed by someone with a very good eye for the colors.

Too many cool shades makes the ambience very unfriendly and unwelcoming IMO.

smile22

Post Mon, Jun 15 2015, 6:51 pm
I just painted my living room. the color is called silver mist, its like a grayish bluish color. I would say more blue then gray. Its really nice and bright, and my furniture is in the blues so it matches. try looking it up by Benjamin Moore.

PassionFruit

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 8:31 am
GOLD! http://www.housetohome.co.uk/l.....-room
so elegant and beautiful and regal and classy! I also like the idea of coral, but it is a bit fun, not too sophisticated. Lavender will look terrible. black and white will work, but it is a very modern look, I don't know what type you are.

PassionFruit

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 8:53 am
http://www.houzz.com/turquoise-and-gold
more turquoise and gold, I LOVE IT

5mom

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 9:45 am
How about a deep coffee color? Not a wimpy beige, something darker that will work with the wood. I like blues tempered by browns.

elevator

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 10:51 am
Can you post a picture of the couch and room?
Benjamin Moore has a color I love called White Satin which is really a very light shade of blue. its really more a color for a boys bedroom or nursery but its the most soothing color.

hotmom

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 11:01 am
Definitely a light grey shade.
Yellow, coral, Mustard won't go. It's very unclassy.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 11:07 am
I recently painted my LR walls a medium shade of gray. Many people mistakenly think gray walls make a room look gloomy and small but it's actually the opposite. Gray is what is known as a receding color. It sort of melts away into the background and you hardly notice the walls at all, almost like they disappear. That lets the other colors in the room like your furniture and accessories really pop out in contrast. I really love the look of my gray walls.

etky

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 12:02 pm
amother wrote:
I recently painted my LR walls a medium shade of gray. Many people mistakenly think gray walls make a room look gloomy and small but it's actually the opposite. Gray is what is known as a receding color. It sort of melts away into the background and you hardly notice the walls at all, almost like they disappear. That lets the other colors in the room like your furniture and accessories really pop out in contrast. I really love the look of my gray walls.

You have to be careful with grey. There are all sorts of shades, some of which can look muddy or cold. It also depends very much on the lighting in the room. That is true of all colors, but even more so when dealing with colors like grey that can be dull and depressing if the wrong hue is chosen.

Miri7

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 12:16 pm
Grey sounds good - either a light to medium tone. Greys are fantastic and can make a room light and airy if you get the right one.

Also browns look good with teal ( I have this in my LR).

Just remember to pick some shades and paint it on the wall to see how it looks in that room in different lights.

I agree that Houzz is a food site to look for ideas

chanee

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 1:14 pm
I say light grey but you said grey can make you bored then yellow with mustard tinged.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 1:39 pm
Whatever you do, when you've narrowed it down to two or three ideas you think you like, get a sample of each and put a nice sized square, pref on each wall (a color can look very different depending on how sunlight/time of day hit them).

In many rooms I ended up mixing the last two shades on a color card e.g. in between the lightest (too pale) and the second to lightest (too dark).
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics