Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Need info on munkatch cheder in monsey

amother

Post Mon, Jun 09 2014, 11:02 pm
Im looking into putting my kids in to munkatch cheder in monsey.
Can somone help me with some info on this cheder?
I heard that they have a very good chinuch... what does that mean?
Also, some people are telling me that all the people that dont have where to send, send there. Is this true?
Whats the parent body like? What type?

If anyone can help me out, I wud greatly appreciate it.
Tia

amother

Post Mon, Jun 09 2014, 11:16 pm
Its a neutral chaider, all type of ppl send there, the parent body is really mixed.
Yes, ppl that don't have where to send, send there

amother

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 10:03 am
amother wrote:
Its a neutral chaider, all type of ppl send there, the parent body is really mixed.
Yes, ppl that don't have where to send, send there

What does it mean that people who dont have where to send send there?
People that dont get excepted elsewhere, or people that just dont belong anywhere?
Im so confused!

amother

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 10:24 am
amother wrote:
What does it mean that people who dont have where to send send there?
People that dont get excepted elsewhere, or people that just dont belong anywhere?
Im so confused!

Why don't you all the people who tell you this irl?

The people I know who send there are a bit different.

Maya

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 10:48 am
It means people who don't want to send to a chassidus, but want a regular Chassidish cheder. They also allow the mothers to drive, which other chedarim do not.

These days they are starting to be just as exclusive as everyone else, and are not accepting just anyone.

Amother above, I would love to know what you mean by "different."

amother

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 7:11 pm
It started out to be a neutral cheder but now the cheder moved to the right, now its for people who like the style of Satmer / Pupa but weren't accepted because of overcrowding.

Maya

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 8:01 pm
amother wrote:
It started out to be a neutral cheder but now the cheder moved to the right, now its for people who like the style of Satmer / Pupa but weren't accepted because of overcrowding.

I would not say it's gone that far to the right at all. Just a bit more than it started out. It's nowhere near Satmar/Pupa style.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 8:29 pm
It's no where near pupa/satmer at zc'll.
Ppl that don't belong to a chasidus or ppl that the kids weren't accepted by their chassidus send there
They allow the mothers to drive which most other chassidish cheders don't allow.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 10:33 pm
Op here.

Thanks Maya.

What about chinuch wise? Are the boys happy to go to cheder? Do they have good melamdim? Do they hit? What about learning? Is it on a very high level?

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 10:56 pm
This Cheder use to be Nitra, which attracted a neutral parent body. I really wouldn't say that this cheder is where people send when they are not accepted anywhere else. I just do not get that feeling from the parents I am acquainted with who send their sons there.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 11:05 pm
Maya wrote:
It means people who don't want to send to a chassidus, but want a regular Chassidish cheder. They also allow the mothers to drive, which other chedarim do not.

These days they are starting to be just as exclusive as everyone else, and are not accepting just anyone.

Amother above, I would love to know what you mean by "different."
[quote]

I know moms who are BT. They seem to be OK with short skirts but thick tights. Long sheitals are OK. Sheitals with teichals are OK. They are ok with Internet.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 11:06 pm
last year when they sent letters to parents concerning fathers & mothers dress etc. my husband asked what their goal is, and the reply was "we want to be like every chassidishe mossad" even if now its not Satmer/Pupa, its surley heading in that direction. the curriculum and chinuch method is the same old, exactly like in all the chassidishe mosdos

amother

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 11:16 pm
[quote="amother"]
Quote:

I know moms who are BT. They seem to be OK with short skirts but thick tights. Long sheitals are OK. Sheitals with teichals are OK. They are ok with Internet.

They allow internet? Thats strange. it doesnt sound too chassidish to me... I thought all the cheders these days dont allow it. (Or at least give out the rule)

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 11:17 pm
I highly doubt that they openly allow internet. You should double check that info.

Maya

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 11:28 pm
amother wrote:
last year when they sent letters to parents concerning fathers & mothers dress etc. my husband asked what their goal is, and the reply was "we want to be like every chassidishe mossad" even if now its not Satmer/Pupa, its surley heading in that direction. the curriculum and chinuch method is the same old, exactly like in all the chassidishe mosdos

That's entirely untrue. They are much more invested in the success of their children than any old Chassidish school, and employ disciplinary methods based on psychological findings. They are also more invested in their secular education program than other schools.

They forbid the children from having access to computers and Internet, but no one ever said a word about the parents, and no forms have ever been signed to that effect.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 12:04 am
Maya wrote:
That's entirely untrue. They are much more invested in the success of their children than any old Chassidish school, and employ disciplinary methods based on psychological findings. They are also more invested in their secular education program than other schools.

They forbid the children from having access to computers and Internet, but no one ever said a word about the parents, and no forms have ever been signed to that effect.

All the parents I know who send there have Internet. The children watch shows. They have electronic toys. Their secular education stinks like all the others. I don't know what you mean by "invested" but they are not teaching English and math in a manner that would be acceptable outside the Chassidish school system. I send to a Yeshivish school and I am appalled at the lack of secular education. My son's friends at Munkatch get an even worse secular education than my son gets. These boys can barely read and write English. Forget about any type of grammer.

All the boys I know who go there are nice boys.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 12:10 am
As a mother in the Cheder I can say this: Internet use is permitted for parents if there is a filter and kids aren't allowed access. They acknowledge that while none of the other schools allow computers and Internet everyone has it nonetheless so rather than ban it they encourage proper use.
They take the parents and anything raised by parents very seriously. They don't have the snobby attitude most other schools have.
Can't comment on the English curriculum but I do know that if they'd hear parents complain they'd take care if that issue as well.
Parent body is pretty much neutral chassidish. They don't have ultra chassidish and steer clear of bummy.
Any other concerns I can address?

amother

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 1:08 am
amother wrote:
As a mother in the Cheder I can say this: Internet use is permitted for parents if there is a filter and kids aren't allowed access. They acknowledge that while none of the other schools allow computers and Internet everyone has it nonetheless so rather than ban it they encourage proper use.
They take the parents and anything raised by parents very seriously. They don't have the snobby attitude most other schools have.
Can't comment on the English curriculum but I do know that if they'd hear parents complain they'd take care if that issue as well.
Parent body is pretty much neutral chassidish. They don't have ultra chassidish and steer clear of bummy.
Any other concerns I can address?

Thanks for the info. Its very much appreciated.

Just a few more questions if u dont mind.

R ur kids excited to go to cheder? The cheder I am currently sending to, my kids r refusing to go. They wanna stay home.. do ur kids enjoy cheder? That became very important to me. Do they make t h ings exciting? How r the rebbis there?
Also, do they hit?

Thanks for answering... I really ned to get these answers straight.

riseandshine

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 3:54 pm
I send there.my kids love going to cheder he comes home so happy everyday bh.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children