Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Tehillim for the Dubro brothers

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 10:42 am
I just got an email to daven for two brothers, both in NYU now. Below is a letter that the shul sent out last week about a yom Torah and tefillah held in their zechus. That day passed but it gives you some background.
I only share a name if I'm willing to do follow up and I hope to be"H, and may it be besuros tovos, soon.

Dear friends,​
As many of you​ have heard, the ​Dubro​ brothers ​who grew up here in the​ Young Israel of Scarsdale community, are both in need of our prayers for a speedy Refuah Sheleimah. Both boys are currently being treated at NYU Medical Center. Jared (25) is currently in a coma after suffering a stroke due to complications of a recent surgery and his younger brother Alex (20) is in a medically induced coma in order to control unexplained continuous seizures. These events occurred within weeks of each other in Chicago, where Jared is in graduate school, and in upstate New York, where Alex is a student at Cornell.
​Over a dozen area Yeshivot, from elementary through college, ​have currently agreed to participate tomorrow, June 2nd/Sivan 15, ​for a day of ​Torah and​ Tefillah dedicated towards the Zechut of a Refuah Sheleimah for Jared and Alex​.
​To this end, we will be participating in this effort as well.​ Tomorrow morning at Shacharit and tomorrow night at Mincha, we will recite several chapters of Tehillim dedicated to the speedy Reuah Sheleimah of Jared and Alex. In addition, two shiurim, one in the morning and one in the evening will be given in their merit. This is in keeping with the adage "Ki Heim Chayeinu V'Orech Yameinu U'Bahem Nehe'geh Yomam Va'Laila - Torah is our lifeblood for the length of our days and we ought to meditate upon it day and night." Torah is the great sustainer and it is our fervent hope and prayer that our Torah learning serves to sustain Jared (Yechezkel Dovid Ben Shayndel) and Alex (Asher Doniel Ben Shayndel).

elevator

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 11:13 am
has the family checked their mezuzos? I wish them a refuah shelaima and will daven for them.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 5:28 pm
Just to let you know I haven't forgotten I started this, I just haven't heard any info yet. If anyone has any authoritative info please let us know. Thanks and tizku l'mitzvos.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 12:17 pm
I just got this email.

h one is in neuro rehab and hopefully on the road. The other one has improved but still at nyu. Goal is to get him to rehab as well
So nice of you to ask. Bh Our prayers are helping.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Aug 05 2015, 6:39 pm
Alex is home now and went to daven at the young israel .
Jared is in a nursing home in PortChester Ny
he needs people to visit him he still is in a coma

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Aug 05 2015, 6:54 pm
Thanks ecru, and bisque. I was wondering what was happening and hoped for good news. I will still daven.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Aug 05 2015, 7:10 pm
To read updates- please join
caringbridge .org Jared Dubro
I do not know if the homes mezuzah was checked .

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Aug 10 2015, 3:35 pm
caringbridge.com has some more updates today -please read for more info -
alex is planning to go back to school .

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 9:12 am
Alex went back to school his mom
Wrote that it is a miracle .
Jared can't move by himself
And still needs help with his breathing
He needs visitors and the family would like donated frequent flier points to help
Bring visitors from out of town to visit
Jared.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 9:13 am
amother wrote:
Alex went back to school his mom
Wrote that it is a miracle .
Jared can't move by himself
And still needs help with his breathing
He needs visitors and the family would like donated frequent flier points to help
Bring visitors from out of town to visit
Jared.

Thank you for the updates and may they continue to see nissim and progress.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 7:37 am
I signed up for CaringBridge and don't check in often enough.
This from the Thanksgiving post:
Hi All,
Quick Pre-Thanksgiving Update on Jared & Alex

Jared is doing well without the trach. I am so happy that he has it out. He is wide eyed and moving his head and his hands but he is still minimally conscious. I anxiously wait for him to return to us. We are counting the days to our visit to Rockefeller.
Alex comes home tomorrow.I have not seen him since he left for Cornell in August and I can't wait to hug him.

It continues with Jane, their mother, thanking everyone who's been supportive.
Since reading this I've been thinking of the power we wield. Here I am, reading this, connecting with someone with whom I wouldn't have intersected otherwise (not that the family is aware of this intersection: if you're reading this, Hi Jane! Wave)
It is so simple yet so powerful, to look at members of our immediate, and greater communities, as they go about their lives - the kids walking to the school bus, parents sending children off to school, adults going off to work - and give a bracha. That they should flourish and be happy, that we feel happy for our friends to have the nachas they do and that it should continue...craft your own brachos. And that it shouldn't take illness or tragedy for us to recognize just how good and fine so many people in our orbits are.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed