Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
It totally normal, right?
Previous  1  2

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jun 19 2015, 5:45 pm
OP, I hear that you're trying very hard, and doing everything you can think of. Good for you!

My sister had two boys like that. Even though she had a big back yard and a swing set, they still destroyed the house. That's where all the breakable things were!

When I went to visit her, her house looked nearly empty. There was nothing breakable in sight. She'd given up, and sold anything delicate at a huge yard sale. She had every single piece of furniture bolted to the wall (including the piano) and key locks installed on all the doors inside.

Her boys would climb the furniture like it was one of those indoor rock climbing coursed, and then jump from the top of the bookshelves onto the sofa. She sold the nice sofa and bought one that could be trashed until they got older. She sold the coffee table so they wouldn't kill themselves when they missed the sofa. She had to put plush carpet down everywhere.

My poor sister is one of those high strung perfectionist types, and I swear those years nearly killed her! And Dolly, these boys had a dad who was very present in their lives, who took them to the park regularly, as well as sports and swimming, and wrestled with them a lot.

Sometimes, you just have to do your best, and remember "This too shall pass."

*I thank G-d every day that he gave me a girl. Hashem knows exactly how much my nerves can take!*

Hug Hug Hug
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics