Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Tricks to get stains out of light colored laundry

innovative mom

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 11:49 pm
It's the summer season again! The pretreat in and retreating laundry is starting to get to me. I'm spending way to much time in the laundry room and I'm getting a bit flustered. ;(
Baruch Hashem I'm thankful to Hashem for my lively brood and need some good tricks on how to get their light colored clothing CLEAN in the easiest most efficient way.

Can't wait to hear your ideas.... Smile

redstrawberry

Post Fri, Jun 19 2015, 12:06 am
Would love to hear as well..

tweety1

Post Fri, Jun 19 2015, 8:18 am
I like the oxi clean max force spray. Works very well. Just note, that as many ppl will reply here that's how many ideas you'll be getting. For every person a different trick works. For solid white shirts I do the following:(front loader) a tide pod and a scoop of oxi clean powder in the machine, and a then I pour a little bit of white bright on top in the drawer. I set it on a very hot cycle. They come out looking brand new. Even those black stains by the collar are gone. Good luck!

innovative mom

Post Fri, Jun 19 2015, 8:23 am
Thanks tweety1. I will definitely get oxi clean powder then... The shirts are a Bigee here too! Scrub, scrub, scrub....

rosebunch

Post Fri, Jun 19 2015, 10:01 am
I love nature bright by shaklee. I have tried shout, zout, oxi and what not. Nature bright removes stains with ONE try! I make a paste using a little bit of nature bright and hot water. I apply it to the stain and after an hour or so simply wash the garment and stain is gone! I also like the fact that this product is natural and doesnt contain all the dangerous chemicals the others have.

belovedaz

Post Fri, Jun 19 2015, 1:06 pm
There's a product called carbona that u put on the stain and it's basically foolproof. Every stain has a specific mixture and if done correctly even tough blood, grass or rust stains come out. U can find it in shoprite. G'luck

innovative mom

Post Fri, Jun 19 2015, 1:35 pm
belovedaz wrote:
There's a product called carbona that u put on the stain and it's basically foolproof. Every stain has a specific mixture and if done correctly even tough blood, grass or rust stains come out. U can find it in shoprite. G'luck

Thank you. Did you have any issues with it ruining clothing from direct contact or ever sitting too long?

lifeswonderful

Post Fri, Jun 19 2015, 3:31 pm
I find that Oxygen does the job pretty well. Its a color safe spray and you just spray on the stain- leave it for no more than 10 min (not to let the substance dry on the fabric) and toss it in the washing machine! even on dark clothes with a cold cycle it works great!

zaq

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 5:48 pm
Carbona is a highly toxic solvent-based stain remover that is not intended for use as a routine laundry additive. It is for STAINS only and does not remove good old ground-in DIRT of the type you find when your dc slides on his belly or knees into home plate. It's for mishaps like leaning your elbow on a freshly-painted fence. If you use it at all, wear impervious gloves and work in a very well-ventilated area, out of doors if you can.

innovative mom

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 7:37 pm
Any more ideas?!

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 7:39 pm
It would depend on the fabric. Are your kids wearing natural fibers or synthetics? It's harder to clean some synthetics and synthetic blends.

ETA: Summer play clothes were just that. I wasn't into cleaning and treating every time they were washed.

lkwdlady

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 9:54 pm
whites are the easiest. No pre- treating. Just use hot water, any detergent and a lot of bleach.

Also, if you are using cold water, things wont come out clean looking.

Another tip is to fill your machine with lots of water and don't overload. I read that people don't use enough water and complain that the clothing is dirty blaming the detergent when the water volume was the issue.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry