Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Glen Ave, Lakewood

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 7:48 pm
can you give me any info about the Glen Ave area in Lakewood? Community etc.?

sourstix

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 7:50 pm
would love to hear too. just curious. ok? I live in lakewood and I would love to get to know the areas.

monkey

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 8:13 pm
Do you mean Glen Ave North or Glen Ave S. ? They're only a block away from each other but almost like two different "types" of neighborhoods.....

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 8:48 pm
monkey wrote:
Do you mean Glen Ave North or Glen Ave S. ? They're only a block away from each other but almost like two different "types" of neighborhoods.....

I'm not sure. The one that is near knoll and Columbus, if that helps.
Actually, could u describe the difference between the two neighborhoods?

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 8:49 pm
Glen avenue south is a very wealthy neighborhood and people there hold of themselves. Prices for lots are 400k to 450k and after cost of homes being built is around $1.5 million. Most people there are wealthy from parents or they expanded their parents already successful business's.

Glen avenue north started with people who couldn't afford glen avenue south so they went there where lots and homes are smaller and cheaper but most people have friends or relatives on glen avenue north.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jun 21 2015, 10:43 pm
amother wrote:
Glen avenue south is a very wealthy neighborhood and people there hold of themselves. Prices for lots are 400k to 450k and after cost of homes being built is around $1.5 million. Most people there are wealthy from parents or they expanded their parents already successful business's.

Glen avenue north started with people who couldn't afford glen avenue south so they went there where lots and homes are smaller and cheaper but most people have friends or relatives on glen avenue north.

Thank you chocolate amother. That was a big help. In terms of religiosity- what type of people? How yeshivish? If I am from OOT and don't have any friends or family in the fancier glen avenue, will I fell out of place?

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 12:46 am
I don't know much more about the people than what chocolate amother said. Just wanted to tell you that if you're talking about the one near Knoll, that's Glen North, the not fancy one.

I do know some people on Glen South (rich neighborhood) and they are nice people, but I have no idea what it's like to live there.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 1:08 am
The people on Glen Avenue South pretend to be frummer than what they really are and look down on others if you are not on their standards. Now that they are getting to be an older crowd, (they are starting to marry off children) and children don't always turn out the way that you want them to be they are starting to be more accepting as they see that their own child went otd or is not necessarily how frum as how they want them to be. Its really not the right area for you if you are looking for an oot type of community.

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 1:11 am
There are a lot of frum families on that block, that's a really nice generalization you just made. None of the families I know there have a kid who's otd, nor do they pretend to be frummer than they are. Like I said, I don't know that many people there, but still.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 1:52 am
Glen avenue south has many kids from different families otd. You obviously don't live there if you can say that you don't know any kids otd on that block. When I say that block I'm including Columbus, saint Nicolas, glen avenue south, cedar court the whole area for some reason that area is called glen avenue south. There are some kids coming back frum but there definitely was a change in attitude from some of the holier than thou people when their kids didn't turn out as expected. That is not everyone there are some nice simple families in that area because the original homes were cheaper but in general anyone looking to buy there today is looking for a very fancy crowd.

Glen avenue north is a much younger crowd and not as fancy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating