Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Help!! Tangled, cables cords and wires.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 12:19 am
It is getting frustrating for me and I'm a bit of a neat freak but I'm tired of fishing cables, cords and charging components from a basket. I've priced some of the organizing options on Amazon. The ones I like are spendy. I've tried a hack of one of the inexpensive foam covered twisties and it's not suitable for my arthritic hands.

My basket currently has the charger and cable for my MacBook, my iPod mini, my Kindle, ear buds and my nonsmart cellphone.

I'm considering just hitting the fabric store if worse comes to worse and buying velcro.

cbsp

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 12:57 am
Would something like:
http://www.realsimple.com/m/ho.....stash

Or this:
http://www.realsimple.com/m/ho.....nizer

help?

trixx

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 1:01 am
pinterest is full of ideas... https://www.pinterest.com/sear.....ables

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 1:03 am
I like the second one. But a wall mount wouldn't work since I move furniture seasonally. I'd prefer if it could fit neatly on an end table in the living room. I'm over at the Container Store taking a look.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 1:06 am
Do you need to keep multiple cords plugged into a power strip from tangling? Or do you want to keep various unplugged cables and wires neatly organized in storage until they are needed?

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 1:25 am
ra_mom wrote:
Do you need to keep multiple cords plugged into a power strip from tangling? Or do you want to keep various unplugged cables and wires neatly organized in storage until they are needed?

Its for unused cords. I found a nice bamboo tea box with a hinged lid and 8 sections on Amazon. I prefer the esthetics of wood. I'm going to give it a try for $16, and if it doesn't work I'll use it for tea. I'll also buy some velcro for wrapping the cables.

zaq

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 5:07 pm
Have you tried slipping the coiled cables into empty, labeled TP rolls?

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 5:08 pm
zaq wrote:
Have you tried slipping the coiled cables into empty, labeled TP rolls?

I'm doing that right now on a temporary basis. It doesn't please me but is a stop gap solution.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 22 2015, 5:10 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
Its for unused cords. I found a nice bamboo tea box with a hinged lid and 8 sections on Amazon. I prefer the esthetics of wood. I'm going to give it a try for $16, and if it doesn't work I'll use it for tea. I'll also buy some velcro for wrapping the cables.
sounds nice!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics