Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Quiet, good window A/C

seeker

Post Tue, Jun 23 2015, 9:58 pm
Can you recommend one? Noise is an issue because I am very sensitive to it. The quieter the better but even more important is the pitch should not be annoying, which might be a little subjective but what can I do here... The issue is that I have no way to try before buying and changing my mind afterward would be very costly as my apartment setup requires specific, professional installation.

Other features I would like are air filtering (several family members with allergies) and it MUST have a decent thermostat/energy save mode. My current a/c just runs FOREVER (it goes higher and lower but never shuts off on its own and my shabbos clock timers keep breaking! Which means at night you either shvitz or never get a break from the NOISE!) Energy efficiency a plus. And of course, the thing should work.

Preference for lower price. Of course I realize I will need to pay for the features I want but I still have hopes of moving out of here someday, perhaps to a place with central a/c, so I am not looking for a major investment.

Some calculation my husband found online says we should look for about 8000 BTU. The a/c is for a tiny room but needs to provide air for another, larger room that is attached by a door but doesn't have its own window or outside wall to put an a/c into. What we have now seems to make the small room into a freezer while barely making any difference at all to the big room. If anyone knows of a clever solution to this, please tell! I keep thinking there ought to be some way to hook up a hose to the vent and feed some of the air straight into the next room (there is a little window near the ceiling, and if needed I'm sure a hole in the wall could probably be arranged...) but I haven't found anyone to tell me how to do it effectively and safely.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars