Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What's in?

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Jun 24 2015, 3:25 pm
Just got about 10 pairs of gently-worn dress pants and a few full suits from 2 sister in laws for my tween son. I'm thinking to keep a few and give the rest away. They're of all different styles. What are boys wearing these days? pleats? single breasted? pinstripes? narrow legs??

I'm used to getting 1 or 2 from SIL so I never bothered to pay attention to the styles embarrassed

Thanks ladies!

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Jun 24 2015, 3:29 pm
What's in? Free suits. Are kids that aware of a suit being dated? Will he suffer community ostracism if it's a pin stripe? How old can these suits really be to be 'out'?

Maya

Post Wed, Jun 24 2015, 3:31 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
What's in? Free suits. Are kids that aware of a suit being dated? Will he suffer community ostracism if it's a pin stripe? How old can these suits really be to be 'out'?

Well said.

Sadie

Post Wed, Jun 24 2015, 3:33 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:

Maybe they look like this:

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Jun 24 2015, 3:43 pm
Thanks Sadie, I made a silent bet to myself wondering how long it would take someone to post a boy in a leisure suit.

Now back to our regular programing.

Sadie

Post Wed, Jun 24 2015, 4:01 pm
It had to be done. Glad to be of service!

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jun 24 2015, 6:36 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:

I agree in concept but let's parse OP. She says that she plans to keep some and give away the rest. Why shouldn't she keep the ones that are in?
(OTOH, though because styles are so fickle - and when I was growing up - HEY, GET OFF MY LAWN - men's styles didn't change so fast. In fact - YEAH, YOU! - men didn't even have styles back then, did they? What I was saying was that since styles change, it might be an idea - THAT'S IT, I'M CALLING THE POLICE...KIDS THESE DAYS - to keep an extra one or two or so.)

Lady Godiva

Post Wed, Jun 24 2015, 6:44 pm
Sadie wrote:
Maybe they look like this:

In that case, he'd be so ahead of the game, he'd be more stylish than in. Tongue Out
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics