Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Sink divider or cover??

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Jun 24 2015, 9:50 pm
We are moving and I am trying to figure out what to do regarding the double sink. Now there is a plastic double sink in place, and we are planning on changing it to a new stainless steel double one. Any ideas what is better- to get a cover to keep one side covered when one side is in use or someone suggested to me a Sink divider she said in Israel that they have sink dividers that divide the sink with like a plastic piece ..I had never heard of a sink divider anyone with one pls share info.
.. I have to make a decision soon.
Thanks so much in advance!

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Jun 25 2015, 2:39 pm
bump.. anyone with a sink divider??

myname1

Post Thu, Jun 25 2015, 3:34 pm
I'm in Israel... we have a double sink with a granite piece in the middle, sticking up about 8 inches high. (It matches the countertop.) I am guessing this is what she means, but I'm really not sure. But actually, I'm not sure it's the same kind of thing as your double sink- it is actually 2 completely separate sinks right next to each other, not one split frame.

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Jun 25 2015, 5:02 pm
I do space planning and kitchen design professionally.

In a standard American double sink, each basin is only 13" - 13.5" wide. As myname1 already noted, in Israel they're putting 2 wider single sinks next to each other, not a double (divided basin) sink.

So my first thought is, if you're stuck using only a 36" (or possibly a even a 33") sink base, look for the biggest double sink you can stuff into it. if you can co-opt an adjacent cabinet and still have decent counter space, you could create something more Israeli style — 2 discrete single sinks.

I would suggest that you try mocking the sink divider idea up to see whether it feels claustrophobic or OK, and I found this pic online:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen