Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
What do you think?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jun 25 2015, 3:28 pm
ds almost 7 bit a kid today, and threw sand at another the other day, and is fighting constantly. the fighting is not good, but the bitting and threwing sand is indication of inappropriate behavior. I got a call from principal that he cant come tomorrow. he also mentioned that he warned shaya to stop what hes doing. he did tell him when he threwsand that he really is a good kid and this time he thinks ds will behave. I wasnt there so its just in short and in my words. he is a phenomenal principal but he is leaving and being replaced for next year. in short I am shocked that ds would do this. he does quabble like all other kids but this is a new level. I did go along with the principal. and I also told ds I love him and hes too big for this. and asked why he did this. and to a kid thats not a fighter I happen to know the kid. his excuse was not enough to warrant this. if the other kid is aggresive I understand. I did hear though that the kids in this class are leader type and so is ds. its kind of hotheads kind of kids. so ds fits in there. but I am shocked. did you have a normal kid do this? what can you tell me to help me understand this. I dont have that much experience. nor do I understand. (I am so upset it makes me cry to get such a phonecall that dc cant come to school the next day) and its not like it bothers him alot. he doesnt look upset at all. that bothers me too. is this an indication of something? every child told not to come to school would be visibly upset. he does try to defend himself try to make it lighter. oh my mouth was close to his hand and it went on him. like not I bit him. but I did ask him if hes ok this happened and he said no. is that enough? iwould be very hurt if I couldnt come to school. I would be so sad.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Jun 25 2015, 3:38 pm
amother wrote:
ds almost 7 bit a kid today, and threw sand at another the other day, and is fighting constantly. the fighting is not good, but the bitting and threwing sand is indication of inappropriate behavior. I got a call from principal that he cant come tomorrow. he also mentioned that he warned shaya to stop what hes doing. he did tell him when he threwsand that he really is a good kid and this time he thinks ds will behave. I wasnt there so its just in short and in my words. he is a phenomenal principal but he is leaving and being replaced for next year. in short I am shocked that ds would do this. he does quabble like all other kids but this is a new level. I did go along with the principal. and I also told ds I love him and hes too big for this. and asked why he did this. and to a kid thats not a fighter I happen to know the kid. his excuse was not enough to warrant this. if the other kid is aggresive I understand. I did hear though that the kids in this class are leader type and so is ds. its kind of hotheads kind of kids. so ds fits in there. but I am shocked. did you have a normal kid do this? what can you tell me to help me understand this. I dont have that much experience. nor do I understand. (I am so upset it makes me cry to get such a phonecall that dc cant come to school the next day) and its not like it bothers him alot. he doesnt look upset at all. that bothers me too. is this an indication of something? every child told not to come to school would be visibly upset. he does try to defend himself try to make it lighter. oh my mouth was close to his hand and it went on him. like not I bit him. but I did ask him if hes ok this happened and he said no. is that enough? iwould be very hurt if I couldnt come to school. I would be so sad.

You bit your son? shock shock Do you wonder why be acts like this?

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Jun 25 2015, 5:48 pm
Read it again. Her son is saying that he just out his mouth near the boys hand.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Jun 25 2015, 6:08 pm
amother wrote:
Read it again. Her son is saying that he just out his mouth near the boys hand.

We could both read it better if it was in English. She said she put her open mouth on her son's hand. I am trying to picture a mother biting her mouth on her son's hand (even if it wasn't hard) to figure out how he bit anther kid. It is bizarre.

Barbara

Post Thu, Jun 25 2015, 6:19 pm
amother wrote:
We could both read it better if it was in English. She said she put her open mouth on her son's hand. I am trying to picture a mother biting her mouth on her son's hand (even if it wasn't hard) to figure out how he bit anther kid. It is bizarre.

Quote:
hHe does try to defend himself, try to make it lighter. "oh my mouth was close to his hand and it went on him. like not I bit him." he told me.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, perfectly normal behavior.

"Normal" doesn't make it right. It makes it things that lots of kids do. Especially at age 7, at the end of the school year (assuming you're in the northern hemisphere).

Discipline him. Make his day off not at all fun. But don't blow it out of proportion.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jun 25 2015, 6:39 pm
op here where does it say I bit my son? nor where does it say I put my mouth on ds hands? please read it again. ds bit a kid in school today.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jun 25 2015, 6:45 pm
I am laughing about ds saying his mouth was near the boys hand. and he put it there. not wanting to say he bit him. he is trying to make it sound like he did something harmless. hes only a kid. but at this age this is inappropriate. besides he fighting with the kids a lot. and this was the straw the broke the camels back. he was warned. he is giving the kids a hard time. he doesnt do well socially even though he loves to play with kids. which is interesting. if your fighting so much one would wonder why is he still wanting to be with them? anyway, I followed what the principle told me to do and for some reason I cant explain why I also told him that hashem forgives everything and he calmed down and now he doesnt have anything to worry he says the principle will probably take him back. I feel so stupid. I should have let him be afraid that he might not be able to come back. that would hold him back from doing it again. eventually they get that these things arent accepted but I feel like I ruined it. now I have to work so hard to get him back there. I do think he needs some social skills training.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jun 25 2015, 7:28 pm
oh boy I will make his day off not pleasant at all. I have it all planned out.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jun 25 2015, 8:05 pm
dear imamothers, do you think its okay to kick a kid out of school for lets say one or two days? or would the principle have just given him a talk and some consenquence that fits the crime? like say tehillim and apologize to the child?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jun 25 2015, 8:06 pm
which one makes more sense to you?. can it be my child has issues I am not aware of? hes a normal 6 yr old

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jun 25 2015, 8:28 pm
anyone? I am such a mess. I am confused. if there was a problem and the principle warned him why didnt I know about it? ds never tells me stuff going on in school. after telling the principle if he would have told me before it got out of hand, I would have done something about it. now its not in my hands anymore. he said they dont call when there is a normal type of problem, but how did it go so bad in sucha short time? something seems off to me here. I am not saying ds is the best kid in town. he has his issues but he came to this school after pesach, and he shined a flashlight for the rebbe while learning. saying he wanted the rebbe should be able to see better, the rebbe thought not that way and warned he will send him home. whats this everything you send home for??? I get the flashlight thing. I am shocked ds had the guts to do that. and I believe my son why he did the flashlight thing. that is his type. its quite confusing. I am so upset. I could see why a rebbe can get offguard on that.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Jun 25 2015, 9:01 pm
Why don't you take him to be evaluated? He seems to be a bit hyper maybe?
Do you have other children, or even nephews, neighbors, to compare his behavior to?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jun 25 2015, 10:38 pm
I would agree he is a bit hyper. he is good scholastically though. he is a very loving nature. he expresses his appreciation really well. after I get him something he will say mommy thankyou and I am so happy. in a very yummy way. cant explain it tho.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics