Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Trying to understand
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jun 28 2015, 3:21 am
In general people post about their problems, they want help, suggestions, solutions. If you are happy and comfortable financially, that's not what you're starting threads about.
There are plenty of traveling posts that can only come from someone who can afford to travel, shopping posts, camp, gifts.

According to the threads, you would think that half the posters are in troublesome marriages, can't get their kids into school and have babies that never ever sleep.

Take care of yourself and your family the best that you can and pay attention to the advice of those in more frugal circumstances than you. With enough penny pinching, it is possible to get to a point of financial independence.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 12:59 pm
shoshanim999 wrote:
Ok, the bottom line is that if a couple is really getting no help, then in order to buy a nice house in bklyn (at least 650k+) pay full tuition for several kids, send them to sleep away camp at around $4500 per kid, cars, monthly retirement money, a family would have to make a minimum of around 200K pre tax to meet those bills. There is no other side to this story. I wish there was!

Can you show me a home in Brooklyn selling for that low?
A house in Brooklyn sells for about double! You can purchase a small three bedroom apartment for about 650k, if you're lucky. My three family house in Brooklyn just sold for 1.6 million (which I had rented one of the apartments, and was asked to leave after the sale)!

joy613

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 1:54 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
A house in Brooklyn sells for about double! You can purchase a small three bedroom apartment for about 650k, if you're lucky. My three family house in Brooklyn just sold for 1.6 million (which I had rented one of the apartments, and was asked to leave after the sale)!

Multi family homes are always much more than single family homes. And three family are even more than 2. It's looked at as an investment.

There are definitely single family homes in Brooklyn for 650k.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 9:54 pm
Not in my neighborhood (BP)

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 10:01 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:

At the bottom of the housing slump 4 years ago it was possible to buy a house in Brooklyn for that price. We bought a house for $607k negotiated down to $590k. It's a three bedroom with tiny third bedroom and it's a two family but only rentable basement, not a whole floor. It is now worth approximately $900k four years later.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics