Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Sending kids to friends

alittlebirdie

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 9:11 am
What's the public opinion on sending kids to friends after school when u don't really know the parents personally? How careful are we meant to be with these things? How can we determine if a family is trustworthy?

DrMom

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 9:29 am
If my kids willingly accept an invitation for an afterschool playdate with a classmate, I don't generally "vet" the parents beforehand, but I may make a point to introduce myself when I pick them up.

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 11:08 am
Like everything else it depends on the age of the child and your tolerance for deviation from your rules. If the school is strict then I feel better knowing my child is in a house where things are officially forbidden. I still vet the parents when I don't personally know the child. I try to be the first invite. I also like to host all Shabbosim.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 11:11 am
Unless I'm there too, my kids are not going to strangers. Even if just about the food, the tv... I need a feel of the family for sur.

SRS

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 12:45 pm
What are you concerned about in particular?

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 2:14 pm
It depends on the community, neighborhood, school, proximity, etc. there isn't a blanket answer. Invite them to you first?

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 2:21 pm
I generally let my kids play at homes where we know the parents. I would much rather my kids friends come here so I can keep an eye on what's going on.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics